With the best camping cookware set, eating out in the wild doesn’t have to look like prepackaged granola bars and trail mix. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing weekend lounging in a hammock, or plan to hike the entirety of the Appalachian Trail, you deserve something delicious for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! That’s why we’ve curated the top-rated and hottest camping cookware sets for every outdoor adventure.
Our Top Picks: Best Camping Cookware
Short on time? Here are the highlights!
- Best Overall: GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Camper. This all-inclusive, compact set has everything you need to cook a delicious dinner for up to 4 people.
- Best Runner-Up: GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Camper. This more economical version of the Pinnacle will save you some money but still give you all the great features you love.
- Best Eco-Friendly: GSI Glacier Base Camper. Help protect the environment and get great cookware with this 100% stainless-steel set that’s long-lasting and entirely recyclable.
- Best Budget: MalloMe Mess Kit. Camping cookware doesn’t have to break the bank, and the MalloMe is an excellent set for any outdoorsman.
- Best for Families: MSR Flex 4. If you’ve got mouths to feed, look no further than this color-coordinated, deep-dish-style family cookware set.
- Best for the Car: MSR QUICK 2 System. When it’s you and the open road, you need a compact, space-saving cookware set that still gives you the flexibility to cook your favorite meals.
- Best for Open Fires: Yodo Anodized Aluminum. Get back to camping basics with this anodized aluminum cookware designed to handle the heat of the open flame.
- Best Backpacking: GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist. This lightweight, compact set comes with everything the backpacker needs for a trip on the trail.
- Best Titanium: Snow Peak Titanium. For serious hikers looking to cut as many ounces as possible, look no further than this incredibly lightweight titanium cookware set.
1. GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Camper
The best camping cookware overall
Manufacturer: GSI | Weight: 3 Pounds, 11 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 2 – 4 | Price: 💰💰💰💰
When it comes to cooking in the great outdoors, the GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Camper has you covered. This moderately-weighted camping cookware set includes two large pots and a generous frying pan made with durable, hard-anodized aluminum. All three feature Teflon Radiance’s triple-layer non-stick coating, which allows them to heat up 25% faster than other non-stick cookware. It also makes them easy to work with and even easier to clean!
Both pots come with matching strainer lids for all your boiling needs, and the four-person plate and mug set is color-coded, so everyone knows which is theirs. Meanwhile, all four mugs come with a sleeve for hot drinks (or soups) and their own sip-it top, which keeps warm drinks warm, cold drinks cold, and minimizes spills. And then there’s the incredible “stuff sack,” AKA a small storage bin that doubles as the washbasin you didn’t know you needed. Best of all? All the accessories stack inside the pots — even the handle for the pots and pan is detachable for extra-compact storage.
- Lightweight, sturdy set easily fits inside a backpack
- Teflon coating and washbasin make clean-up a breeze
- Color-coordinating mugs and plates are great for families
- Only includes one detachable handle
- The size of the plates is on the small side
2. GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Camper
The best camping cookware overall runner-up
Manufacturer: GSI | Weight: 3 Pounds, 11 Ounces | Material: Hard-Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 2 – 4 | Price: 💰💰💰
The GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Camper is a more economical version of the Pinnacle, without sacrificing quality and versatility. The pots and frypan are a gorgeous blue and feature Teflon non-stick coating, though it doesn’t come with Radiance technology. That said, the set is still super easy to clean and great for cooking most anything.
Each mug in the set comes with temperature sleeves and sip-it tops, and color-coordinate with the plate set, made of a thicker (and arguably more durable) BPA-free plastic. Otherwise, the principles of the collection are the same as the Pinnacle — complete with detachable handle, strainer lids, nesting design, and bonus “stuff sack” that doubles as a washbasin for easy clean-up.
- Nesting cookware includes mug sleeves and sip lids
- Color-coded mugs and plates look great with the blue pots
- Non-stick coating is easy to cook with and, with the washbasin, super easy to clean
- Pots and pan are on the smaller side
- Durable Teflon non-stick coating is great but not as great as the Pinnacle’s Radiance technology
3. GSI Glacier Base Camper
The best eco-friendly camping cookware set
Manufacturer: GSI | Weight: 2 Pounds, 14 Ounces | Material: Stainless Steel | Serves: 3+ | Price: 💰💰
As campers, hikers, and all-around outdoorsy-people, we know how important it is to protect the environment. The GSI Glacier Base Camper set is made of 100% stainless steel that’s built to last multiple lifetimes and completely recyclable, so it never has to end up clogging up a landfill.
Both large pots come with their own strainer lids and feature fold-down handles on either side for easy handling that won’t get in the way after the meal. Plus, both pots have liter and ounce markings on the inside for the studious recipe follower. The frying pan has an extra-long, folding handle to keep your fingers away from the heat but still store compactly. Everything nests together into the included drawstring pouch for traveling.
- Incredibly lightweight for backpackers
- Extra-large pots are perfect for feeding larger groups
- Stainless steel heats up quickly and evenly, saving fuel and time
- Some reviewers found themselves wanting a smaller pot option
- Food sticks and crusts to the pan (as it does to all stainless steel) without sufficient oil/butter/grease/etc
4. MalloMe Mess Kit
The best camping cookware set on a budget
Manufacturer: MalloMe | Weight: 1 Pound, 12 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 1 – 2 | Price: 💰
A cheap camping cookware set doesn’t have to be… well… cheap. The MalloMe Mess Kit is one of the least expensive options we found, and it still comes with everything you need to make a stellar meal. The non-stick pot and frying pan feature collapsible handles for traveling and storage, and can both be used with the included lid.
Utensil-wise, this set comes with two bowls, a folding stainless-steel cooking spork, a folding soup spoon, a wooden spatula, and even an all-natural cleaning sponge! All these accessories tuck neatly into the pot, which stacks neatly with the pan, which fits neatly into the included drawstring storage pouch.
- Compact stacking and storage
- Comes with much-needed utensils that still pack away
- The pot/pan lid fits snugly for quicker cooking and boiling
- Smaller-sized components better for one person than two
- Inset handle on pot lid is difficult to grip without touching the rest of the lid
5. MSR Flex 4
The best camping cookware for family
Manufacturer: MSR | Weight: 3 Pounds, 10 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 4+ | Price: 💰💰💰
Fix up some food for the whole family! This nesting camping cookware set comes with two large, anodized aluminum pots that come with their own strainer lids and are non-stick for easy cooking and clean-up. A single detachable handle locks onto both pieces, offering even greater simplicity.
Each of the four included mugs is double-wall insulated and come with lids to help reduce spills. The color-coordinating, deep-dish plate set comes with two larger and two smaller sizes for perfect portioning. All four plates have a tall, 360° lip to help keep food on the plate and minimize the mess.
- Large pots make feeding a bigger group quick and easy
- Compact nesting design is easy to store and relatively lightweight
- Deep-dish style plates perfect for eating in camping chairs around the campfire
- The set doesn’t come with a frying pan
- The larger pot has handles that don’t fold or detach, making it a little bulky
6. MSR QUICK 2 System
The best car camping cookware set
Manufacturer: MSR | Weight: 1 Pound, 12 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 1 – 2 | Price: 💰💰
The MSR QUICK is perfect for the couple camping out of their car, as all the components nest into the larger pot, taking up minimal space in the trunk or backseat.
The 1.5-liter pot features a non-stick coating, but the 2.5-liter pot is coating-free for more versatility while cooking. Both come with strainer lids and are compatible with the detachable handle, which offers more compact storage and locks in place for safe use. Both deep-dish style plates also feature a large 360° lip to keep food in place. The color-coordinating 12.5-ounce mugs come with their own lid and are insulated to keep your coffee hot and your iced tea cold.
- Wide-lipped plates keep food in place to minimize mess
- Plates are made with heat-resistant plastic for hot dinners
- Everything nests together compactly to take up virtually no space
- The detachable pot handle is a little small
- The plates scar if scratched with more than a butter knife
7. Yodo Anodized Aluminum
The best camping cookware for open fire
Manufacturer: Yodo | Weight: 2 Pounds, 14 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 4 – 5 | Price: 💰
This Yodo camping cookware is made of anodized aluminum specifically curated to withstand direct contact with fire. In other words, it’s ideal for going back to basics on your outdoor adventure.
The fully-nesting set includes a pan and three pots with folding handles and matching lids to cook anything and everything you can think of. There’s also a folding soup spoon, a rice ladle, two medium-sized plates, one extra-large plate, five bowls, and even a loofah sponge for when it’s time to clean up.
- Suitable for cooking over an open flame
- Set includes three pot sizes, but is still lightweight enough to carry around
- Extra plates, bowls, soup spoon, and rice paddle are bonuses for more versatile cooking
- Lesser-known brand
- The frying pan doesn’t come with a lid
8. GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist
The best camping cookware for backpacking
Manufacturer: GSI | Weight: 1 Pound, 6 Ounces | Material: Anodized Aluminum | Serves: 1 – 2 | Price: 💰💰💰
Whether you’re a serious hiker or just a lone wolf, the GSI Pinnacle Dualist is here to ensure you have everything you need in a package small enough to fit in your pack and light enough you’ll forget it’s there!
The 1.8-liter pot comes with a detachable handle for compactness. With a triple-layer non-stick coating, the pot is incredibly durable, scratch-resistant, and built to last. The included lid has a built-in strainer and is heat-resistant so it won’t warp, as well as crushproof so it can hold its shape in a backpack. Both the included bowls/mugs have their own temperature sleeve and can be used to drink and eat. Plus, they’re color-coded, so you always remember which is which.
All these components nest together and fit into the included “stuff sack” that protects them in your bag and can double as a washbasin!
- Super compact and lightweight for the avid hiker
- Built-in space to store a stove and fuel canister (not included)
- “Stuff sack” protects the entire set and can be used as a wash bin
- The included spoon/fork combos are a little flimsy
- The detachable handle is a little skinny to handle a full pot
9. Snow Peak Titanium
The best titanium camping cookware set
Manufacturer: Snow Peak | Weight: 13 Ounces | Material: Titanium | Serves: 1 | Price: 💰💰
This ultra-light titanium camping cookware is perfect for the hardcore thru-hiker looking to cut ounces wherever possible. The set includes a one-liter pan, a .75-liter pan, and a 17-ounce frying pan. Plus, the lid doubles as a 12-ounce saucepan, saving valuable space and weight for other necessities. All the handles collapse to save even more space, and everything fits into the mesh drawstring pouch.
When nested together, there’s enough space left over to fit in a 110-gram fuel canister.
- Lid doubles as a saucepan
- Nesting design leaves space for a fuel canister
- Lightweight, space-saving set is perfect for backpackers
- Titanium material is prone to hotspots
- No handguards included, and the handles can get hot
What to Look for in the Best Camping Cookware
There you have it – the perfect camping cookware for families, avid hikers, car campers, and casual outdoor enthusiasts alike. But which is the perfect camping cookware set for you?
That depends on a couple of different factors, so keep this in mind as you make your decision:
- Versatility. What do you like to cook? Do you need a simple pot and pan, or several different options?
- Cooking Method. Do you need something that can go directly over an open flame?
- Weight/Size. Where will you take this cookware? Does it need to be small and lightweight enough to fit in your backpack, or do you have more storage space?
- Serving Size. How many people are you feeding? Just you, or a family of 4+?
- Material. Do you need something with a non-stick coating? Are you comfortable working with stainless steel?
For this guide on camping cookware, our team spent 3 hours researching the most popular options from over 15 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about a hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each cookware set. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 9 camping cookware sets on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.