If you’ve been searching everywhere for non-toxic cookware that will perform well for you, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done all of the research for you and compiled a comprehensive list of the very best non-toxic cookware products on the market today.
Today, you’ll learn about several major cookware brands to help you choose the sets that will work best for you.
Our top pick among all of the best non-toxic cookware available is the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware Collection. Its Ceramica coating applies to the pans at a lower temperature during manufacturing. It is also free of two commonly used chemicals in cookware: perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
Our Top Picks: Best Non-Toxic Cookware
These are our top picks of all of the best non-toxic pots and pans available today.
- Best Overall: Cuisinart Tri-Ply Stainless Cookware Set. We chose this cookware set because stainless steel is known and trusted by chefs worldwide for its resistance to fire and heat. The design allows it to resist any scaling while also retaining its strength at high temperatures. The main disadvantage that most consumers complain about when it comes to this set is the cost. Good quality stainless steel cookware (and even appliances) are more expensive than others — albeit well worth the price.
- Green Pick: Cuisinart GG22-30 GreenGourmet Skillet. GreenGourmet is our choice for the best green pick because of the 70% recycled and riveted stainless-steel handle. Plus, this skillet is oven safe up to 400°F and has a limited lifetime warranty.
- Best Budget: Carote Non-Stick Skillet. We chose this skillet because of the super low price for an 8-inch skillet and the eco-friendly granite coating. Natural stone material comprises these pots that comes from Switzerland and is PFOA free.
- Best Ergonomic: Ozeri ZP6-30 Stone Earth Frying Pan. Ozeri is our choice for The Best Ergonomic Pick of the best non-toxic pan for eggs because of the stone-derived coating from Germany | 100% free of PFOA, APEO, GenX, PFBS, and PFOS as well as lesser-known chemicals NEP and NMP | Ergonomic handle, scratch-resistant and easy to clean.
- Best Lightweight: Blue Diamond 12-Piece Cookware Set. Blue Diamond was the best pick for The Lightest Option among the best non-toxic cookware sets. Not only is it lightweight, but this 12-piece cookware set contains no harmful PFAs, PFOAs, lead, or other unhealthy substances. Healthier eating for you and your family is always a good thing. All of the pieces in the set are safe for use with metal utensils and are available in both blue and green
- Best Portable: DaTerra Cucina Vesuvio Dutch Oven. Not only is the DaTerra Cucina Vesuvio portable, but also lightweight, beautiful, 100% non-toxic, dishwasher safe, and oven safe. It’s more portable than most of the best non-toxic pots and pans.
- Best Professional: Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set. We chose these as the best professional pans because they are handcrafted in Denmark since 1956, are PFOA-free, non-stick, made of 100% recycled materials, and carry a lifetime warranty.
- Best Non-Stick: Copper Chef Round Pan 3 Pack. We chose this Copper Chef matching set because it includes essential non-stick frying pans in three handy sizes from small to large
- Best Ceramic: GreenLife 18-Piece Cookware Set. GreenLife was the perfect choice of ceramic cookware because the entire set is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium. It’s also oven and dishwasher safe and comes equipped with ergonomic soft-grip handles that stay cool and can withstand temps up to 350°F.
- Best Luxury: GreenPan Valencia Pro 11-Piece Cookware Set. GreenPan’s beauty and the fact that it’s not only oven and dishwasher safe, make it worth the extra cost. You can also use metal utensils safely in the pans without scratching. The ceramic non-stick coating means no more worries about toxic fumes even at high temperatures.
1. Cuisinart Tri-Ply Stainless Cookware Set
The best non-toxic cookware overall
Brand: Cuisinart / Material: Stainless Steel / Max Temp: 500°F / Pieces: 12 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
This 12-Piece best stainless steel cookware non-toxic set includes:
- 1.5 Qt. Saucepan w/ lid
- 3.0 Qt. Saucepan w/ lid
- 3.5 Qt. Saucepan w/ lid
- 8 Qt. Stockpot w/ lid
- 8″ skillet
- 10″ non-stick skillet
- 20cm steamer insert w/ lid
Easy healthy cooking for stovetop, oven, or even under the broiler; this cookware set is compatible with induction stovetops. It’s also freezer-safe and dishwasher safe. The premium stainless steel used to make it will maintain its original finish even when you put it in your dishwasher for easy cleanup.
The core of these pans is pure aluminum bonded to a brushed stainless steel exterior with stainless steel interiors for even and consistent heat distribution. The sparkling polished stainless cooking surface will not discolor, alter flavors, or react with food.
- These pots are gorgeous
- They feel like they will last a lifetime
- Great cooking set if you just use common sense
- Hard to clean
- Food gets stuck to the pan
- Look tremendous but stain easily
2. Cuisinart GG22-30 GreenGourmet Skillet
The best eco-friendly non-toxic cookware
Brand: Cuisinart / Material: Aluminum / Max Temp: 400°F / Pieces: 1 / Price: 💰
The great kitchens of France inspired this skillet. The company started manufacturing professional cookware more than 35 years ago. Cuisinart makes their cookware from only the finest materials available to perform every classic cooking technique perfectly.
This skillet is especially green because Cuisinart uses recycled stainless steel for its GreenGourmet cookware handles. In addition, the company also goes green by using 100% recycled materials for their packaging and printing only with 100% biodegradable soy ink.
The coating on this skillet is also water-based, unlike any other non-stick coating on the market (mainly solvent-based). Cuisinart’s new cookware is scratch-resistant while also conforming to European RoHS and FDA standards for environmentally sound products.
- Cleans easily
- Distributes and retains heat properly
- Won’t kill you or your family with carcinogens
- Not as non-stick as Teflon
- Have to be careful not to scratch it
- Pricey for a single pan, but that’s because it’s green
3. Carote Non-Stick Skillet
The best cheap non-toxic cookware on a budget
Brand: Carote / Material: Natural Stone / Max Temp: 350°F / Pieces: 1 / Price: 💰
This skillet from Switzerland features an eco-friendly granite coating made from natural stone material. It’s not only non-toxic but also non-stick and effortless to clean. The handsome wood effect Bakelite handle offers a comfortable stay-cool grip.
This skillet is versatile because it works on all stoves — including induction — while heating quickly and evenly.
This best non-toxic pan for eggs is oven safe up to 350°F, and it comes with a full 12-month warranty. Also available in larger sizes from 9.5-inch to 12.5-inch.
- Eggs cook perfectly
- So much better than toxic Teflon pans
- This pan does not stick and is a favorite among users
- Center of pan seems raised
- Disappointed with the surface of the pan
- Inside is not a smooth finish to slide out eggs
4. Ozeri ZP6-30 Stone Earth Frying Pan
The best ergonomic non-toxic cookware
Brand: Ozeri / Material: Natural Stone / Max Temp: 446°F / Pieces: 1 / Price: 💰💰
This is an eco-friendly pan that offers overall non-stick performance unprecedented and without any risk to you of exposure to controversial chemicals. This premiere member of the best non-toxic frying pan family also features a coating that is not only scratch-resistant but also exceptionally easy to clean.
The interior is made from durable heavy-gauge aluminum and has a magnetized base for use with induction stovetops. Its ergonomic capabilities include the super-comfortable handle that is heat-resistant and silicone coated. It’s available in six colors and three skillet sizes.
If you’re an omelet-lover, you’ll be happy to know that this skillet is rated #1 on Amazon for best omelet pans. Last but not least, it’s oven safe to 446°F.
- Gets hot 2 to 3 times faster
- Pan is hefty and pretty thick, which is good
- This pan performs well, is a great size, and it just works
- Finish didn’t last
- The inside was not flat
- Needs seasoning before use
5. Blue Diamond 12-Piece Cookware Set
The best lightweight non-toxic cookware
Brand: Blue Diamond / Material: Ceramic / Max Temp: 850°F / Pieces: 12 / Price: 💰💰💰
Meet our pick for the lightest toxin-free non-stick ceramic cookware set. It contains no harmful PFAs, PFOAs, lead, or any other unhealthy substances and is metal utensil safe.
This 12-piece set includes:
- 7 and 9-inch open frying pans
- A 2.5-quart covered skillet
- A 2-quart covered saucepan
- A 5-quart covered stockpot w/ 3 glass lids
- A handy mini-egg pan and,
- A metal steamer
- Two black nylon utensils that won’t scratch or warp
This cookware set is capable of heating four times faster than other pans, plus it releases food easily. When you’re done cooking with them, you can put them in the dishwasher for convenient cleanup.
The diamond-infused non-stick coating on these pans creates a layer that is ultra-durable and five times harder and ten times longer-lasting than other coatings. The entire set is suitable for ceramic, gas, electric, and halogen stovetops.
All of the pans are also safe for use in your oven and broiler.
- Water heats up fast
- Even heat and food slides right out of the pan
- 100% better than comparable cookware purchases
- Sticking then chipping
- Fried eggs get stuck to the pan
- Metal handles become hot when used, especially in the oven
6. DaTerra Cucina Vesuvio Dutch Oven
The best portable non-toxic cookware
Brand: DaTerra Cucina / Material: Ceramic / Max Temp: 450°F / Pieces: 2 / Price: 💰💰💰
If you’re planning on taking a dish to a potluck or family holiday dinner, what could be better than a dutch oven? The answer to that question: A sizable eight-quart non-stick and non-toxic dutch. With this, you can ensure everybody’s good health when eating that tasty stew, chili, (or whatever your culinary specialty may be).
This dutch oven is safer and healthier for you and your family and looks good at the same time. The ceramic coating is safe. This pot heats evenly and quickly for better cooking and convenience for you, the chef in the family.
The extra-hard ceramic coating is resistant to scratches and even repels liquids. Whatever you’re cooking, it simply won’t stick, so you’ll be cooking with less oil and enjoying easier cleanups. This elegant Vesuvio Dutch oven will not only hold eight full quarts, but it only weighs 5.7 pounds.
It’s made in Italy with the finest craftsmanship and carries a one-year warranty.
- Heavy-metal free
- Perfect for stovetop to oven use
- Light enough for anyone to handle
- Lid does not fit tightly on the pan
- Harder to clean after a year of use
- The less-than-ergonomic handle and lid
7. Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set
The best non-toxic cookware for professional use
Brand: Scanpan / Material: Aluminum / Max Temp: 500°F / Pieces: 10 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
If you’re looking for a non-toxic cookware set made for professional chefs, this set is for you. Featuring clean, elegant lines in a truly unique design, this set has a core of solid squeeze-cast aluminum that has been forged into shape using 200-tons of pressure. The thickness of the pan bottoms prevents warping while also keeping them sitting perfectly flat on your stove.
If you have a ceramic or a glass-top range, you know that this is especially important. The patented non-stick surface of these pans was created by firing ceramic-titanium particles into each pan. Then, a specially formulated non-stick compound embeds on that surface. These pans are entirely safe for use with metal utensils. Plus they have a Lifetime Warranty.
The 10-piece Professional set was made in Denmark and includes:
- 1 and 3-quart covered saucepans
- A 6-1/2-quart covered stockpot (10.25-inches in diameter)
- 8 and 10.25-inch open frying pans and
- A 10.25-inch covered sauté pan
In addition, the stainless steel lids and handles are highly-polished and have a two-tone matte-and-mirror finish.
- Product still works great even after 20 years
- Amazing pans, don’t need to use any oil even for eggs
- Perfect heft and balance makes you feel like a professional chef
- Food sticks after a year
- Handle is hard to balance
- Surface is speckled dark gray, not black like before
8. Copper Chef Round Pan 3 Pack
The best non-toxic non-stick cookware
Brand: Copper Chef / Material: Aluminum / Max Temp: 850°F / Pieces: 3 / Price: 💰💰
These pans are very popular and for a good reason. All Copper Chef cookware features a Cerami-Tech non-stick coating. The coating makes sautéing and pan-frying both quick and easy and that’s because absolutely nothing will stick to the surface. Their non-stick coating is so effective that it can eliminate the need to cook with any fat or oil, which means much healthier meals.
The three-piece set includes frying pans that are small, medium, and large. Get ready for pan-frying succulent salmon, cooking steaks, sautéing healthy veggies, stir-frying, and much more.
Not only are they are PTFE and PFOA free, but they have stainless steel induction plates for fast and even heat distribution with no unwanted hot spots. Other features include being dishwasher safe, durable for strong professional performance, and usability on ceramic, electric, gas, and induction cooktops.
You also get the Copper Chef satisfaction guarantee.
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight and pretty
- Nothing sticks to the restaurant-grade ceramic coating
- Not really copper
- Metal utensils will scratch
- No lids included (but available with other pots and pans)
9. GreenLife 18-Piece Cookware Set
The best ceramic non-toxic cookware set
Brand: GreenLife / Material: Ceramic / Max Temp: 450°F / Pieces: 18 / Price: 💰💰💰
If you pride yourself on being a healthy chef, this cookware set could be the perfect addition to your kitchen. It comes with all of the pots and pans you need, including utensils for flipping and frying as well as bakeware for all kinds of dishes, from savory to sweet.
This set includes:
- 9.5-inch open fry pan
- 7-inch open fry pan
- 1-quart covered saucepan w/lid
- 2-quart covered saucepan w/lid
- 4-quart covered casserole w/lid
- 2.5-quart covered sauté pan w/lid
- 10 by 15-inch baking sheet
- 8 by 6-inch cutting board
- 1 steamer
- 4 nylon cooking utensils and
- (1) 5-piece measuring spoon set
This long-lasting Thermolon ceramic non-stick coating on this cookware is easy to clean and high performance. The colorful turquoise aluminum bodies will add just the right touch of style that your kitchen needs.
Superior comfort is another benefit with the matching soft-grip handles.
- Amazing and affordable
- Cleaning is fast and easy
- Non-stick magic, nothing sticks
- Scratches easily
- A propane stove burns the handles
- Pretty, but not as bright color as picture
10. GreenPan Valencia Pro 11-Piece Cookware Set
The best non-toxic cookware when money is no object
Brand: GreenPan / Material: Ceramic / Max Temp: 600°F / Pieces: 11 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Looking to spend a little more on a set of non-toxic pots and pans? Take a look at the GreenPan Valencia Pro set.
- 8, 9.5, and 11-inch fry pans
- 2QT and 3QT saucepans with lids
- 3QT skillet with a lid
- 5QT casserole with a lid
This “money’s no object” choice is not only oven and dishwasher safe, but you can also safely use metal utensils without scratching. The ceramic non-stick coating means never having to worry about toxic fumes releasing into the air you breathe — even if you accidentally overheat one of the pans.
Also, the magneto induction base offers amazing browning and searing on any stovetop. These pans are safe for use in your broiler and oven up to temperatures of 600°F with the glass lids safe in temps up to 425°F.
The mirror-polished stainless steel handles are ergonomic and feature a stay-cool V-shaped cutout for easy transitioning from stovetop to oven. These pans will never scratch or warp over time. They will always provide even browning, cooking, sautéing, and searing without any energy or heat loss.
GreenPan designs products to last. The diamond-infused Thermolon Minerals Pro ceramic coating is non-stick. It offers maximum scratch resistance and strength that will stand up to the most intense use with even heating, easy release, and effortless cleanup.
- Handles conduct almost no heat
- Good looking 11-piece set has everything needed
- Compared to other pots and pans, they’re very easy to clean with just a soft sponge
- Ceramic chipping of edges with use
- Caring for them takes some extra effort
- Bottoms become discolored on a gas stove
What is Non-Toxic Cookware?
Any cookware that isn’t non-toxic can leach some worrisome chemicals into your food. Because of that, it’s essential to be cautious about what you’re using for preparing your food.
You want to beware of PFOA and PTFE in your cookware — key components in Teflon! Commonly found in cookware, these and other indestructible chemicals can cause many public health risks, including birth defects, cancer, and environmental pollution. The problem is the danger of overheating. Although Teflon is considered a safe and stable substance, when heated to temperatures above 570°F (300°C), the coating starts breaking down.
This breakdown releases toxic chemicals into the air. When you inhale the fumes, it could cause polymer fume fever (aka Teflon flu). That’s why the EPA and the leading non-stick pan manufacturers all agreed that by 2010, the amounts of PFOA used in the production of PTFE compounds would reduce by 95%. By 2015, no PFOA should be in pans at all.
Read on, and we’ll show you why you need to avoid these chemical compounds. We’ll also explain why we chose the Cuisinart Tri-Ply Stainless Cookware Set (12-Piece) as our top pick for its good looks, durability, and absence of any toxins.
For this guide on non-toxic cookware, our team spent 4 hours researching the most popular options from over 25 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each option. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 10 non-toxic pots and pans on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.