If you’ve spent any time researching the best ceramic knife sets, you’ll know there are countless options to choose from. Narrowing them down to find the sharpest and most suitable for your cooking needs can be a daunting task.
To ease the process, we’ve read through countless ceramic knives reviews and determined the best ceramic chef knives. Out of all the options, our overall favorite has to be the Kyocera Revolution set due to its light weight, sharpness, and ergonomic handle. But there are lots of great picks on the market, and we’ve curated all the ones you need to know about. Keep reading for our top picks!
Our Top Picks: Best Ceramic Knife Sets
In a hurry? Here are our top picks at a glance:
- Best Overall: Kyocera Revolution Ceramic Knife Set. Our top pick is the Kyocera Revolution Ceramic Knife Set. This set is lightweight, slices through soft foods like a ninja sword, and fits your hand like a glove.
- Best Runner-Up: Farberware Ceramic Knife Set. The runner up to the best ceramic knife set is from Farberware. This knife set is trustworthy and fits nicely in your hands while slicing.
- Best Budget: Shenzhen Ceramic Knife Set. Buying a ceramic knife set doesn’t mean spending a lot of money. This ceramic knife set from Shenzhen is our favorite pick for those on a budget.
- Best Sheaths: Wolf War Ceramic Knife Set. Storing such fragile knives can pose a challenge. We’ve selected this ceramic knife set from Wolf War as the set with the best storage.
- Best Splurge: HOMSPORT Ceramic Knife Set. If you’re looking to splurge on a ceramic knife set, look no further. This set from IMORI is top-notch in quality.
- Best Gift Set: IMORI Ceramic Knife Set. Give the gift of ceramic knives with this set from IMORI that comes with a storage case that protects the knives well and looks great as a gift.
- Best Versatile: TAKIUP Ceramic Knife Set. Between the variety in blades and colorful handles, this ceramic knife set is best for multiple kinds of uses. It also looks stylish on the countertop.
1. Kyocera Revolution Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knife set overall
Brand: Kyocera | Pieces: 2 | Blades: 3.5″ Paring / 5″ Santoku | Sheaths: No | Price: 💰💰💰
Coming in as our top pick for the best ceramic knife set is this one from Kyocera. Kyocera’s knives are regarded as some of the best on the market. The set comes with two knives: one at 5 inches and the other at 3.5 inches. The blades are lightweight with a handle that nicely fits in your hand, making for easy slicing through food. While Kyocera promotes their blades as being dishwasher safe, it’s still best to give them a quick wash by hand after use. Kyocera has been making knives in Japan since the 1950s, so you can rest assured that these are reliable and durable blades.
- Dishwasher safe
- Rarely needs sharpening
- Fits nicely in hand and easy to cut with
- Not the most versatile kitchen tool
- Not ideal for meats, cheeses, or thicker foods
2. Farberware Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knife sets runner-up
Brand: Farberware | Pieces: 2 | Blades: 3″ Paring / 5″ Santoku | Sheaths: Yes | Price: 💰
Farberware is a long-standing brand when it comes to kitchen cookware. From pots to knife sets, you’re getting a quality product while shopping for this brand.
One of our favorite ceramic knife sets is from Farberware. The set comes with two knives, each with its own protective case for easy and safe storage. Each blade has an ergonomic handle, meaning it fits nicely in your palm without slipping. The blades are evenly weighted for easy cutting and lightweight to make cutting quick. Farberware notes that their ceramic blades are not suitable for hard meats, cheese, frozen foods, and other firmer food items. For soft and malleable foods, these ceramic blades are hard to beat.
- Easy to clean in dishwasher
- Blade cover is nice bonus to keep it protected
- Very sharp, easily cuts through fruits and veggies
- Blades chip easily
- Knife comes with residue on handle that can be difficult to remove
3. Shenzhen Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knife set on a budget
Brand: Shenzhen Knives | Pieces: 3 | Blades: 4″ Paring / 5″ Slicing / 6.5″ Chef’s | Sheaths: No | Price: 💰💰
Ceramic knives often range in price, but you don’t have to buy from an expensive brand to get a quality blade. Shenzhen is our top pick for the best budget ceramic knife for just that reason. It offers top-notch quality while maintaining an affordable price. The set comes with three unique blades that can cut through fruits, vegetables, and more. They possess the same powerful chopping abilities as stainless steel blades while being much lighter and rarely needing sharpening. Shenzhen recently redesigned their handles to better fit the hands of their users, ensuring a reliable and strong slice with each chop.
- Slices well through softer meat
- More economical than other options
- Comes with a chef’s knife, slicing knife, and paring knife
- Doesn’t come with protective covers
- Thicker blade than other ceramic knives
4. Wolf War Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knives with storage
Brand: Wolf War | Pieces: 5 | Blades: 3″ Paring / 4″ Fruit / 5″ Utility / 6″ Chef’s / Peeler | Sheaths: Yes | Price: 💰💰
Another affordable option for a ceramic knife set is from Wolf War. There is a blade for each of your kitchen slicing needs. Use the 6” chef knife to slice through light meat, the 5” utility knife to cut through fish, and the 3” and 4” knives to delicately slice fruits and vegetables.
Due to the zirconia base of these ceramic knives, they don’t transfer taste or smell between chopped foods. The manufacturer does offer a word of caution to avoid frozen foods and bones. The set comes with a helpful case for safe storage of all the blades. The set also comes with a peeler to quickly remove the skins of fruits and vegetables.
- Handles feel great in your hand
- Comes in a box that make them perfect for gifting
- Different types of knives make this set perfect for gourmet cooking
- Blades broke out of handle for some reviewers
- All knives are sharp except for the smallest one
5. HOMSPORT Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knife set to splurge on
Brand: HOMSPORT | Pieces: 5 | Blades: 3″ Paring / 4″ Fruit / 5″ Slicing / 6″ Chef’s / Peeler | Sheaths: Yes | Price: 💰💰
If you’re less concerned with a budget and more interested in purchasing ceramic knives that slice well and look good on the countertop, check out this knife set from HOMSPORT. The set comes in an upright storage device that creates a safe place to store blades when not in use and allows for easy access.
Do not attempt to cut hard foods such as steak with these ceramic knives, but HOMSPORT’s knife set can easily slice through soft foods like fruits and vegetables. Compared to other brands on the market, these knives are more pricey, but they stand up to the cost with their appearance and durability. When treated responsibly, these ceramic knives can last a very long time.
- Comes with a stand
- Most likely never needs to be sharpened
- Extremely sharp and durable blades compared to other brands
- Set’s peeler breaks easily
- Weaker grip on handles of these blades
6. IMORI Ceramic Knife Set
The best ceramic knife set for gifting
Brand: IMORI | Pieces: 3 | Blades: 4″ Paring / 5″ Slicing / 6″ Chef’s | Sheaths: Yes | Price: 💰💰
For a longtime cook, or someone just looking to try something a little different in the kitchen, a ceramic knife set could make an excellent gift. They come in a stylish box for easy wrapping and gifting. Each blade also comes with an individual cover to keep the blade and your hand safe while handling the knife. The handles are easy to grip, and the blades have a SafeEdge feature on the back corners to prevent cutting your hand just in case your fingers get too close to the back of the blade.
IMORIA prides themselves on providing quality kitchen tools, which is why they offer a 100% back guarantee if the knives don’t live up to your expectations. Gift these knives to a loved one or yourself.
- Excellent quality knives for the price
- SafeEdge keeps your safe while cooking
- Case and individual covers are perfect for safe blade storage
- Thinner blades than most other brands
- Applying pressure to the side of them to break the blade out of the handle
7. TAKIUP Ceramic Knife Set
The best versatile ceramic knife set
Brand: TAKIUP | Pieces: 6 | Blades: 3″ Paring / 4″ Utility / 5″ Slicing / 6″ Chef’s / 6″ Bread / Peeler | Sheaths: Yes | Price: 💰💰
The majority of ceramic knife sets you find on the market come with only two or three blades. They range in size and mostly have different uses, but there are few blades. Depending on how you plan to use your ceramic knife set, a set with more blades might be a better option for you. This colorful set from TAKIUP comes equipped with five different blades and a peeler for optimal use. Anything from bread to soft meats has a knife designed just for it in this set. They are color-coded for a little extra help differentiating the blades. The yellow knife is for bread, while the purple knife is for fruits. Their color adds a little style to the kitchen that is hard to beat.
- Good quality for the price
- Sheath is a nice accessory for blade protection
- Very easy to hold, the hand won’t move when gripping the handle
- Not as sharp as other ceramic blades on the market
- Can’t smash foods like garlic without breaking the blade
Ceramic Knife Sets 101
High-carbon stainless steel knives have been all the hype for years. However, recently kitchen connoisseurs have turned their attention to ceramic blades. Ceramic blades stand out because they are made from zirconia. For reference, zirconia ranks 8.5 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This means that ceramic blades can slice through practically any food item in your kitchen. The cuts are reliably smooth and you won’t have to struggle to push a blade through meat, vegetables, and everything in between.
It’s only recommended that you don’t attempt cutting through bones and frozen foods (leave tasks like those to electric fillet knives). While these blades are strong, they are quite fragile too.
Why Should You Use Ceramic Knives?
First and foremost, ceramic knives are tough and durable. They easily slice through meat, vegetables, and everything in between. Ceramic blades are resistant to stain and rust. They go through a rigorous testing process before hitting the market to ensure they stand up to the claim as the toughest knife out there.
If you avoid sharpening knives, ceramic blades might also be a good option. Due to their base of zirconia, they stay sharp for longer than stainless steel blades. You’ll rarely have to sharpen a ceramic knife set.
The Cons of Ceramic Knives
Ceramic blades are tough to beat in many respects. However, there are some downsides to consider before making your decision to invest in them. Despite their strength, ceramic blades do chip easily if dropped on the floor.
Also, avoid chopping on a marble or glass cutting board because you could have the same result. You should never chop frozen foods or bones with ceramic blades. Ceramic knives should be hand washed as well. While you can toss them in the dishwasher with other cookware, they will have a longer lifespan if you wash them by hand.
If taken care of and used properly, ceramic knives can have a long and useful life in your kitchen. Choosing from the brands and sets listed here can assure you that you’re selecting a quality product.
To bring you the best ceramic knife sets on the market, we dove head first into the topic and spent a lot of energy researching. A total of 5 hours were spent on researching ceramic knives. Over 15 different brands were considered for our Top Picks section. For each product picked, about 20 customer reviews were analyzed. This process makes shopping easier for you- consider the comparison shopping taken care of!