You no longer have to visit a specialty grocery store for fresh pasta. By using an attachment to your standard KitchenAid mixing bowl or purchasing one of the best electric pasta makers, you can easily make delicious pasta at home. Making pasta from scratch might feel intimidating, but it’s a simple and intuitive process with an electric pasta maker.
Many of the best pasta maker machines have built-in kneading features that make crafting pasta just that much easier. Simply push a button and watch your fresh homemade pasta take shape.
Wondering what the best electric pasta maker is? Keep reading. We’ve compiled a list of the top pasta makers that consistently churn out great results and will grant you unbeatable pasta.
Our Top Picks: Best Electric Pasta Makers
In a hurry? Here are our favorite electric pasta makers:
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach Electric Pasta and Noodle Maker. Our overall top pick for the best electric pasta maker is this machine from Hamilton Beach that creates delicious fresh pasta in less than 15 minutes.
- Best Runner-Up: KitchenAid KSMPRA Pasta Roller & Cutter. In the runner-up position is the KitchenAid pasta roller attachment. It takes the same amount of time as cooking dried pasta from the box.
- Best Budget: Shule Electric Pasta Maker Machine. If you want a pasta maker with the same bits and bobs as a pricer model but for a fraction of the cost, check out this electric pasta maker from Shule.
- Best Splurge: Philips Kitchen Appliances Noodle & Pasta Maker. Are you looking to splurge on a homemade pasta maker? Try out this one from Philips that comes with all the usual pasta maker features and more.
- Best Adjustable: ANTREE Pasta Maker Attachment. For a pasta maker attachment that is a pro at adjusting the thickness and width of pasta for variety in your dishes, ANTREE offers a good option.
- Best for Ramen Noodles: Razorri Electric Pasta and Ramen Noodle Maker. If you’re interested in making ramen noodles along with your pasta, Razorri’s pasta machine is a great choice for you.
- Best for Beginners: InnoMoon 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter. Beginners to homemade pasta making should first try out this pasta roller and cutter for its simplicity and reliable results.
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Pasta and Noodle Maker
The best electric pasta maker overall
Manufacturer: Hamilton Beach | Pasta Possibilities: 7 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰
Our overall top pick for the best electric pasta and noodle maker is from Hamilton Beach. In less than 15 minutes, you can make two to three servings of fresh pasta in seven different shapes. An internal scale measures the precise amounts of ingredients to calculate the correct water to flour ratio for ideal pasta texture and consistency. Once this electric pasta maker forms the noodles, they are ready to cook with no drying time necessary.
This electric pasta maker comes with two settings: regular and quick pasta. Reviewers’ main frustration was the ratio of flour to water must be entirely accurate for successful pasta. It might be a challenge at first for those who have never made homemade pasta.
- Great for the price
- Durable and reliable parts
- Clear instructions for use with illustrations
- Motor becomes hot after a lot of use
- Quality of final product largely depends on ratio of water and flour
2. KitchenAid KSMPRA Pasta Roller & Cutter
The best electric pasta maker runner-up
Manufacturer: KitchenAid | Pasta Possibilities: 2 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰💰
If you already own a KitchenAid mixer, this pasta roller and cutter attachment might be a good option to make your homemade pasta. It’s a simple, silver, and sleek tool that connects to the front of the mixer for an easy electric process. It rolls six-inch sheets of pasta with eight thickness settings.
Make delicious spaghetti and fettuccine noodles in minutes. Reviewers rave about the roller. It works much better than rolling out pasta dough by hand and requires about the same amount of time. Do not submerge in water as the attachment will rust, shortening its lifespan.
- Intuitive to use
- The roller works far better than rolling dough out by hand
- Takes the same amount of time as cooking dried pasta from the box
- Fettuccine attachment needs extra cleaning
- Not as durable as some other pasta attachments
3. Shule Electric Pasta Maker Machine
The best electric pasta maker on a budget
Manufacturer: Shule | Pasta Possibilities: 9 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰
If you’re seeking an electric pasta maker with all the trappings of a high-end product but for a fraction of the price, check out this electric pasta maker from Schule. Made from stainless steel for exceptional durability and reliability, Schule offers one of the best electric pasta makers for those on a budget.
Like most stainless steel pasta makers, make sure never to wash it in water or a dishwasher. Too much exposure to water will lead to rust. To clean, wipe with a soft brush. The 110v motor ensures making your own pasta at home will be a breeze.
- Professional design
- Well-priced for the quality of the product
- Lightweight when considering how durable it is
- Very loud
- Steel bars become brittle over time, maintain and wash with care
4. Philips Kitchen Appliances Noodle & Pasta Maker
The best electric pasta maker splurge purchase
Manufacturer: Philips | Pasta Possibilities: 4 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
This pasta and noodle maker comes with automatic kneading, shaping, and extruding features that make the process clean and smooth. Spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, and lasagna are a breeze to shape. Because the kneading of the pasta dough happens within the device, it’s easy to add interesting ingredients like herbs, spinach, and eggs to the dough.
A drawer located at the bottom of the device allows for easy storage of all the pieces, so you don’t have to worry about losing attachments. Reviewers love that they can have fresh pasta hanging and ready to go in the same amount of time it takes to cook dried pasta from the box.
- Automatic mixing mechanism
- Incredibly easy to use and make pasta in bulk
- Leave to dry overnight and easy to wipe away to clean the next morning
- Interior plastic piece has broken in some reviewer accounts
- One-year warranty, but individual parts not sold separately
5. ANTREE Pasta Maker Attachment
The best electric pasta maker for adjusting width and thickness
Manufacturer: ANTREE | Pasta Possibilities: 3 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰
This pasta-making attachment that reviewers love also connects directly to your KitchenAid device. It’s a three-in-one attachment that allows you to make three different pasta styles without having to remove and replace the device. This pasta maker attachment is small, sturdy, and comes with a protective case for easy storage.
It comes equipped with a cleaning brush for easy cleaning to avoid using water that could be damaging. Easily make spaghetti, fettuccine, and lasagna for a tasty homemade meal. An additional feature is an eight-gear adjustment that allows you to choose your pasta’s width and thickness with ease.
- Easy to use
- Can be disassembled for reveal blades for easy cleaning
- Comes with simple instructions and convenient cleaning brush
- Entire unit wobbles as motor runs
- Noodles come out stuck together if flour-to-water ratio is off
6. Razorri Electric Pasta and Ramen Noodle Maker
The best electric pasta maker for ramen noodles
Manufacturer: Razorri | Pasta Possibilities: 13 | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰💰💰
In less than 10 minutes, you could have one pound of homemade noodles by using this electric pasta maker from Razorri. Anything from spaghetti to dumplings is possible. The device has a kneading function. Simply add water and flour to the basin and start the kneading feature. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a dough of ideal consistency to push through the spout into your desired shape.
As a note, the pasta should look a little too dry before pushing through. If it’s too wet, it will clog the pasta maker. What makes the Razorri pasta maker different from others is that most pieces detach and are dishwasher safe, making for easy cleaning.
- The added ramen noodle feature
- Drawer beneath the machine to easily store parts
- Mixing and kneading feature does a good job incorporating ingredients
- Difficult instructions
- Plastic pasta holds, but metal traditionally offers better texture
7. InnoMoon 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter
The best electric pasta machine for beginners
Manufacturer: Razorri | Pasta Possibilities: 3 | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰
Reviewers love the pasta roller and cutter from InnoMoon for its simplicity. Say goodbye to hand cranks and sore muscles to create delicious homemade pasta. InnoMoon’s machine comes as three separate attachments, a roller, spaghetti, and fettuccine that connect to the front of your KitchenAid mixer.
A dial on each attachment’s end allows you to choose your pasta pieces’ thickness and width to fit your tastes. It’s recommended that you use three to five speed when slicing the pasta for the best final product possible.
- Heavy-duty set for a fair price
- Cleaning brush included is convenient
- Stands up to regular use and proper cleaning
- Can be challenging to attach to KitchenAid securely
- Spaghetti attachment is small and looks more like angel hair
What to Look for in the Best Electric Pasta Maker
After reviewing the best electric pasta makers on the market and weighing their characteristics, let’s look at what you should watch for when selecting a pasta machine for your kitchen.
Pasta machines are supposed to be easy to use. There should be no confusion when crafting delicious homemade pasta. Whether you’re interested in buying an individual unit or an attachment for your KitchenAid device, it should be as easy as pushing a button and assisting the dough as it rolls through the cutters. For added convenience, choose a pasta machine with a kneading feature that presses dough into the perfect consistency.
The best electric pasta makers should be able to stand up to years of consistent use. It should reliably produce quality pasta. Make sure to read the reviews regarding the durability of your pasta maker before purchasing. If you think you’ll be using the electric pasta machine often, durability should be at the center of your concerns when making a selection. Choosing a machine with a warranty could be a good idea as well.
This factor largely depends on how often and what kind of pasta you want to make. If you’ll mostly be sticking to the basics like lasagna, spaghetti, and fettuccine, most electric pasta machines come with these cutters and rollers already. However, if you’re interested in branching out to something like penne, make sure you select a machine that supports a penne cutter.
Cost is a significant factor for most people looking to purchase a new electric pasta maker. Your budget might very well help determine what brand and style of pasta maker you get. Our top budget pick is a good option for those wanting all the pricier model features for a lower price. A budget pick is an excellent choice if you’re getting into pasta making. Once you learn more, a model with more features is always an option.
For this guide on electric pasta makers, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 25 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred and fifty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each pasta maker. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 electric pasta makers on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.