So you’re looking for an automatic kitchen faucet. This year we’ve all been laser-focused on keeping our hands and our shared surfaces clean. The best touchless kitchen faucets offer one way of doing that effortlessly.
Touchless faucet technology might be something you didn’t think you needed, but once you try it, you might wonder how you ever lived without it. Read on for our top touchless faucet recommendations for this year, from sensible budget picks to voice-activated luxury splurges.
Our Top Picks: Best Touchless Kitchen Faucets
In a hurry? Check out our top picks:
- Best Overall: Moen Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless Kitchen Faucet. Critics across the internet agree: the Moen Arbor is the best all-around touchless kitchen faucet.
- Best Eco-Friendly: KOHLER Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet. Precise and instantly responsive, this faucet comes with an app that monitors water usage.
- Best Budget: Dalmo Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer. All the touchless faucet basics in an attractive and affordable package.
- Best Value: FLOW Motion Sensor Kitchen Faucet. This high quality, affordably priced model is a favorite amongst touchless kitchen faucet reviews.
- Best Luxury: Moen Align Motionsense Wave Sensor Touchless One-Handle High Arc Spring Kitchen Faucet. When the title is that long, you know it’s gonna be fancy.
- Best Touch Sensitive: Delta Leland Single-Handle Touch Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer. For those who prefer a quick-touch responsive faucet.
- Best Voice Activated: Delta Trinsic VoiceIQ Kitchen Sink Faucet. The tech enthusiast’s touchless kitchen faucet.
1. Moen Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless Kitchen Faucet
The best touchless kitchen faucet overall
Brand: Moen | Features: MotionSense Technology | Gallons Per Minute: 1.5 | Powered By: 6 AA Batteries / AC Adapter | Price: 💰💰💰
The Moen Arbor MotionSense is our best overall pick; it also tops most “best of” lists across the country. First off, it’s got a lovely, refined design. It’s also easy to operate. With two sensors and an activated spray head, there are three different ways to quickly turn it on or off depending on whatever task you’re doing.
The Moen brand is known for their ease of installation — no special tools required — and their faucets are compatible with most sink setups. The Arbor faucet is designed for one or three-hole sink configurations. It comes with an escutcheon, optional deck plate, and a limited lifetime warranty.
Other standout features include an extra-long (68-inch) hose and an automatic 2-minute shutoff if no motion is detected, which is especially handy for the occasional accidental activation.
- Easy to install
- Stylish appearance, really attractive
- Concentrated spray that doesn’t splash
- Some issues with broken handles or hoses
- No manual override if sensors malfunction/water won’t stop
- Spotless finish (only on stainless steel) can degrade over time
2. KOHLER Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet
The best eco-friendly touchless kitchen faucet
Brand: KOHLER | Features: Response Touchless Technology | Gallons Per Minute: 1.8 | Powered By: AC Adapter | Price: 💰💰💰💰
Arguably all touchless faucets are more eco-friendly than traditional kitchen faucets, but we especially like the “precision activation window” of this Kohler model. Its hyperresponsiveness and 4-minute auto-turn off function results in greater control and fewer accidental starts.
While this pick is on the pricey side, it’s built to last so that it won’t end up in a landfill anytime soon, and neither will its batteries since it’s AC-powered. It even comes with an app you can use to monitor your water usage. It sends an alert if there’s any unusual flow of water or accidental activation when you’re not at home.
We like the KOHLER Sensate’s sleek, minimalist aesthetic and its resistance to mineral buildup and spotting. It also has one of the quickest sensors on the market (20 milliseconds), which means when you want water in a cooking pot or a glass, it’s nearly instantaneous.
Note: since this faucet is AC-powered, it requires a dedicated outlet under the sink.
- Spout sensor
- Easy installation
- Made in the USA
- Some reliability issues with electronics
- Solenoids eventually need to be replaced
3. Dalmo Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer
The best budget touchless kitchen faucet
Brand: Dalmo | Features: Motion Sensor, Spray Head Activation | Gallons Per Minute: 1.8 | Powered By: 4 AA Batteries | Price: 💰
The Dalmo brand has many of the same features as more expensive touchless kitchen faucets, like dual sensors, stain resistance, and an auto 3-minute turn-off. It switches over to manual functioning easier than most, which reviewers appreciate as an option. It also features a low battery indicator. Overall, the Dalmo touchless kitchen faucet is a solid budget choice.
- Well made, easy to use
- Great value for the price
- Easy to understand instructions, easy installation
- Only comes in a brushed nickel finish
- Long term issues with sensor function or leaking
4. FLOW Motion Sensor Kitchen Faucet
The best value touchless kitchen faucet
Brand: BioBidet | Features: Motion Sensor, Spray Head Activation | Gallons Per Minute: 1.8 | Powered By: 4 AA Batteries | Price: 💰💰
If you’re looking for a touchless kitchen faucet that’s somewhere between budget and luxury, the FLOW Motion is right up your alley. This sleek-looking and reliable faucet offers comparable performance to the big brand names for half the cost. It’s also one of the best rated touchless kitchen faucets we found.
All the essentials are here, including a dual-setting pull down faucet head, “SmartLatch” spray head retraction, and a 3-minute auto-off timer.
- Sleek look
- Easy to install, good instructions
- Leaky handle
- Goes through batteries every couple months
5. Moen Align MotionSense Wave Sensor Touchless One-Handle High Arc Spring Kitchen Faucet
The best luxury touchless kitchen faucet
Brand: Moen | Features: MotionSense Technology | Gallons Per Minute: 1.5 | Powered By: 6 AA Batteries / AC Adapter | Price: 💰💰💰💰
If you’re looking for the Cadillac of touchless kitchen faucets, you’ve found it. The very sleek Moen Align MotionSense is perfect for gourmet cooks and fastidious cleaners alike.
With the high arc of the neck spout, you’ll enjoy long reach and amazing flexibility while doing all of your kitchen sink tasks, including cleaning hard-to-reach spots and tough food messes. The Align also features “Power Clean” spray technology, which means the spray head is about 50% stronger than similar pull-down kitchen faucets.
As with all Moen faucets, the Align MotionSense has a Duralock Quick-Connect System that makes for quick and easy installation.
- Very easy to install
- Sleek, modern, good looking
- A well-made “durable workhorse”
- Reports of an inconsistent sensor
- Spray head is chromed plastic, not metal
6. Delta Leland Single-Handle Touch2O Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer
The best touch sensitive kitchen faucet
Brand: Delta | Features: Touch On / Touch Off | Gallons Per Minute: 1.8 | Powered By: 6 AA Batteries / AC Adapter | Finishes: 4 | Price: 💰💰
The other kitchen faucets on our list use touchless motion sensor technology, but a touch-sensitive kitchen faucet is another convenient option worth considering. The Delta Leland Touch2O still offers hands-free control, but with a slightly different twist — touch it anywhere on its spout with your forearm or wrist, and voila – water flows! You can still avoid touching the surface of your sink with dirty hands, but some users may prefer this quick touch method to waving their hand in front of a sensor.
The Leland’s other features include:
- Shield Spray technology that cuts through tough grease and mess, but with less splatter than a standard spray head
- Patented DIAMOND Seal technology to reduce leak points
- MagnaTite Docking to prevent faucet from sagging over time
- LED temperature alerts
- Easy installation
- Great customer service
- Leaky spout
- Not made to last, has some plastic parts
- Hose and/or handle deterioration over time
7. Delta Trinsic VoiceIQ Kitchen Sink Faucet
The best voice-activated kitchen faucet
Brand: Delta | Features: Voice Activation + Touch On / Touch Off | Gallons Per Minute: 1.8 | Powered By: 6 AA Batteries / AC Adapter | Finishes: 5 | Price: 💰💰💰💰
Want even more hands-free, customized control over your touchless kitchen faucet? Consider a “smart” faucet. The Delta Trinsic VoiceIQ pairs with many home devices, like Google Assistant or Alexa, to offer on/off voice activation, custom presets, and more.
The voice activation custom preset feature is especially handy for everyday tasks, like filling up a pasta pot, dispensing just enough water for a recipe, or perfectly filling your dog’s water bowl. Simply say, “Ask Delta to fill coffee pot,” and your faucet will instantly respond accordingly.
Alternatively, you can also use the faucet’s touch-sensitive technology (see our #6 pick for more details) or override both sensors for manual functionality.
- LED temperature alert light
- Tech fans love the smart technology
- Choice of voice activation or the hands-free touch activation
- Leaks over time
- Parts degrade over time
- Can be challenging to pair with home device
Why Go Touchless?
A touchless kitchen faucet isn’t just a super convenient time-saver — it’s also very practical. The touchless functionality means fewer germs spread around the kitchen and less overall mess. Even better, touchless kitchen faucets help prevent water waste.
Hands-free kitchen faucets provide a number of attractive benefits, including:
- Preventing the spread of germs or viruses on your kitchen surfaces. Touchless operation means less worrying about cross-contamination while cooking with raw or higher-risk foods.
- Keeping your sink and faucet cleaner. No grubby hands all over your faucet saves you cleaning time.
- Water conservation. A quicker and easier way to shut off water flow, an overall lower flow rate, and automatic shut off features all add up to saving water over time.
- Touchless sinks can be a beneficial technology for someone with a physical disability.
You have a few technological options:
- A touchless kitchen faucet, which senses motion.
- A touch-sensitive faucet, which senses a quick touch of the wrist or arm.
- A voice-activated faucet, which, you probably guessed, senses your voice.
- And if you ever grow weary of the technology, you still have the option of operating any touchless faucet the “old fashioned” way (or if you want to avoid possible houseguest confusion).
What to Look for in the Best Touchless Kitchen Faucet
While it’s possible to score a nice, affordable touchless kitchen faucet (like our value pick), there can be some tradeoffs. If you want something built to last, with fancier features, or in a non-standard finish, then you’re probably looking at a small investment that can add value to your home. If you’re willing to stick with the basics, you can find something for a little over a hundred bucks.
A majority of touchless kitchen faucets are powered by AA batteries, but some require a dedicated AC outlet. Batteries are great during power outages, etc., while AC power is an excellent “plug it in and forget it” option. If you go with battery-powered sensors, take a peek at the battery consumption of the model you’re considering.
Spray Head Type
Most, but not all, touchless kitchen faucets feature a spray head sensor that will automatically turn on water flow as you pull the sprayer down. You’ll need to decide if this is something you desire. Most users find this feature results in better water flow control when the hose is fully extended. Others like more manual control of their sprayer. A few models feature a pause button on the sprayer, which can be the best of both worlds.
Ease of Installation
You want a faucet that’s easy to install, and will fit your sink. Most traditional sinks have three holes, but the number can range from two to four or more. All the faucets on our list will fit a traditional set up, and many come with additional parts or optional parts (such as a base plate) for more non-traditional sinks.
Water Flow Rate
Note your faucet’s gallons per minute rate, which will give you an idea of a faucet’s efficiency. All of our picks for touchless kitchen faucets are well under 2 GPMs and help save water over time.
Other Considerations for Touchless Faucets
Finish. Almost all kitchen faucets come in the old standards like brushed nickel or stainless steel. Now there’s a whole rainbow of available finishes, including rose gold, matte black, or even “champagne bronze,” ooh la la. However, expect to pay for fanciness.
Cats. Yes, cats. More specifically: make sure your faucet has an automatic shutoff feature. In the days before auto shut off water timers, cats could wreak havoc on a touchless kitchen faucet with a simple swipe of a tail. While your feline may still jump up on your kitchen counter in the middle of the night or while you’re away from home, no longer will their naughty activities result in your touchless faucet turning itself on indefinitely.
Warranty. Since a touchless kitchen sink can be a bit of an investment, look for a reputable manufacturer that offers a warranty.
For this guide on touchless kitchen faucets, our team spent 8 hours researching the most popular options from over 20 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each faucet. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 touchless kitchen faucets on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.