Do you sleep hot and wake up sweaty? Running the AC all night won’t do — what a waste of money and resources! But if you’re anything like us, sheets are just too light. We need the hug-like pressure of a heavy blanket to get our shut-eye. If that’s the predicament you face — you’re in luck! The best cooling weighted blankets offer the best of both worlds. They provide enough weight to calm your body and prepare for sleep, along with cooling properties, to keep you comfortable all night long. Weighted blankets even help address issues that can negatively affect sleeping patterns like anxiety and ADHD.
Ready to get under the covers with the top options on the market? Let’s check them out.
Top Picks: Best Cooling Weighted Blankets
Here are the 7 best cooling weighted blankets:
- Best Overall: YnM Bamboo Weighted Blanket. Offering a wide variety of weight and color options at a price that can’t be beat; the YNM bamboo weighted blanket is our pick for the best weighted cooling blanket.
- Green Pick: Baloo Weighted Blanket. Made from chemical-free breathable cotton, the Baloo weighted blanket earns the Green Pick in our ranking of the best cooling weighted blankets.
- Best Budget: Qusleep Weighted Blanket. With sizes for both kids and adults, Qusleep offers all the benefits of weighted blankets at an affordable price.
- Best for Children: Luna Kids Weighted Blanket. Kids with sleep issues will especially benefit from weighted blankets. Our choice for the best cooling weighted blanket for children comes from Luna Kids.
- Best Cotton: Casper Sleep Weighted Blanket. For the feel and durability of cotton, our choice for best cotton cooling weighted blanket is the Casper Sleep cooling weighted blanket.
- Best Bamboo: CuteKing Bamboo Weighted Blanket. Silky-smooth and all-natural, topping our best bamboo cooling weighted blankets is the bamboo weighted blanket by CuteKing.
1. YnM Bamboo Weighted Blanket
The best cooling weighted blanket
Brand: YnM / Weight Options: 12 / Construction Material: Bamboo / Filler: Glass Beads Price: 💰💰💰
Coming in a broad array of color and print choices, our pick for the best weighted blanket to stay cool at night (and in style!) is the bamboo weighted blanket from YnM.
YnM creates a lifesaver for some dealing with chronic pains and insomnia. The blanket construction starts with 7-layers and adds in smaller compartments for even distribution of the fill material.
There are also 12 weight options ranging from 7 to 25 lbs. Experts say to pick a weighted blanket at about 10% of the bodyweight of the person using the blanket. The brand also provides a good selection of sizes. The smallest starts at 41″ X 60″, and the largest at 80″ X 87″.
The blanket also earns high marks for body-contouring, as well as temperature control provided by the glass bead filler. Buy the blanket and get the following:
- 8 interior ties to secure a duvet
- Natural bamboo viscose Oeko-Tex certified material
Consumers say that although the bamboo starts a bit cool, it warms up well without ever getting too hot. The blanket is priced reasonably for the quality. We recommend the blanket for use on a twin or full bed, or for just one person.
- Helped with panic attacks
- Nicely heavy but also cool
- Super soft and comfortable
- True size tends to be smaller than listed
- Some who bought 10% of body weight wish they’d gone heavier
2. Baloo Weighted Blanket
The best eco-friendly cooling weighted blanket
Brand: Baloo / Weight Options: 3 / Construction Material: Cotton / Filler: Glass Beads / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Our green pick for best weighted cooling blanket comes from Baloo. The Baloo weighted blanket size is appropriate for adults.
It comes in the following sizes:
- 3 weight options: 12, 15, and 20 lbs
- 2 size options: 42″ X 72″ and 60″ X 80″
Setting the quilted, double-stitched blanket apart is the eco-friendly, chemical-free cotton material with lead-free glass beads.
In addition to commenting on Baloo’s responsible production practices, those who’ve used the blanket say it’s helped with different issues. Some mentioned getting deeper sleep, and others say they found relief from restless leg syndrome.
Buy the double-quilted blanket and get the following:
- 6 loops to connect to a duvet
- Machine wash and dryer convenience
Others have used the blanket to help address postpartum anxiety, or PPA. And for some, it’s done a lot to simply improve their quality of sleep.
The blanket is intended for use on an adult queen-sized bed, though it works well on a twin and can fit nicely centered in the middle of a king.
- Filling is organic & silent
- Helps with insomnia and anxiety
- Glass filling distributes evenly throughout the blanket
- Lack of body contouring
- No overlap on sides of the bed
3. Qusleep Weighted Blanket
The best cooling weighted blanket on a budget
Brand: Qusleep / Weight Options: 5 / Construction Material: Microfiber / Filler: Glass Beads / Price: 💰
Some weighted blankets do run a bit pricier than usual bedding, but that isn’t always the case. The best budget cooling weighted blanket is the weighted blanket from Qusleep.
But just because the Qusleep is affordable, doesn’t mean you’ll lack options. The blanket comes with 5 weight choices, spanning 7 lbs to 15 lbs, and 5 sizes from 36″ X 48″ to 60″ X 80″.
There is only one color option, however.
Made from soft Egyptian cotton microfiber with multilayered stitching, the Qusleep uses micro-glass beads that distribute evenly for better body contouring. Those who’ve used the blanket comment on the quality seams. They also report that it doesn’t overheat- even when used between a sheet and a comforter.
Other points not to miss about the Qusleep include:
- Egyptian cotton is extremely breathable
- Qusleep backs their product with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Some who’ve used the blanket comment how it helps them fall asleep immediately and stay cool all night long, even in places as muggy as Florida!
- Helps with anxiety
- Promotes deep sleep
- Reduces tossing and turning
- Some feel restrained
- Bit short and narrow for some
4. Luna Kids Weighted Blanket
The best cooling weighted blanket for children
Brand: Luna / Weight Options: 15 / Construction Material: Cotton / Filler: Glass Beads / Price: 💰💰
Weighted blankets can be particularly helpful for children with sleep issues or who struggle with ADHD, anxiety, and sometimes even autism. If you’re seeking a weighted blanket for a youngster, our choice for the best cooling weighted blanket for children is from Luna Kids.
Among the many things that set this blanket apart are plentiful options in size, weight, color, and print. Luna Kids weighted blanket print options feature unicorns, dinosaurs, polka-dots, and a plethora of solid color.
Otherwise, the blanket is 100% Oeko-Tex Certified cooling cotton with non-toxic glass bead filler. Also, smaller, denser pockets enhance surface area contact for better weight distribution across the body.
These blankets aren’t just for children, either. Many adults comment on how well the blanket has helped with sleeping issues, anxiety, restless legs, and even joint and muscle pain. Others compare the feeling of sleeping under the Luna Kids weighted blanket with being swaddled like a baby.
- Weight distributes evenly
- No awkward lumps or empty spots without beads
- Helps some fall back to sleep more easily when awakened in the night
- Makes a little noise when moved
- Glass beads drifted to sides and corners for some
5. Casper Sleep Weighted Blanket
The best cotton cooling weighted blanket
Brand: Casper / Weight Options: 3 / Construction Material: Cotton / Filler: Microbead / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Cotton is one of the most breathable fabrics. Naturally, it makes sense to choose cotton when shopping for a cooling weighted blanket. Topping our list of the best cotton cooling weighted blankets is the Casper weighted blanket.
The blanket uses plastic microbead filler available in 3 weight options (10, 15, and 20 lbs) but only one size, 50″ x 70″. It’s constructed from 100% cotton twill at 205 thread count — pretty luxurious.
Other features of the blanket not be missed include:
- Quilted channels to keep the microbead fill more evenly distributed
- A breathable cover to help keep air circulating away from your body
- A 1-year limited warranty.
The blanket performs well addressing anxiety-related sleep issues, with some commenting they slept quietly and woke up in the morning feeling refreshed. Many find the 15 lbs option adequate despite that 10% of bodyweight guideline. Many children use the blanket, as well.
A word of caution, however, is that the blanket is spot-clean only.
- Good for nighttime anxiety
- Like slipping into a warm hug
- Great for “de-stressing on a recliner”
- Spot-clean only
- One size only, too small for many
6. CuteKing Bamboo Weighted Blanket
The best bamboo cooling weighted blanket
Brand: CuteKing / Weight Options: 5 / Construction Material: Bamboo / Filler: Glass Beads / Price: 💰💰💰
While cotton has excellent cooling properties, for many, nothing compares to silky-smooth bamboo. The best bamboo cooling weighted blanket in our ranking comes from CuteKing.
CuteKing uses 300 thread count bamboo viscose for their covers. They sustainably source the material from 100% natural bamboo fibers.
It’s available in 4 weight options, 15, 20, 25, and 30 lbs, as well as 3 weight options spanning 60″ X 80″, 80″ x 87″, and the 104″ X 88″, which is exceptionally large for a weighted blanket.
Because it uses glass bead filler, the blanket is also hypoallergenic. It features smart fabrics and moisture-wicking technology for improved temperature control.
Choose CuteKing and get the following:
- 7-layer construction with 2 layers of microfiber
- Compartments sewn to the perfect size to create even weight distribution
Those who’ve tried the CuteKing use it for severe nighttime anxiety, with great results. And while it took some time to acclimate to the feeling of pressure, others turned from weighted blanket “skeptics” to weighted blanket “lovers.”
- Helped with menopause-related sleep issues
- No tossing and turning and fell into a deep sleep
- Suitable for those merely seeking a better night’s sleep, without anxiety or insomnia
- Limited color options
- Still too hot for some, though others love the cooling properties
What is a Cooling Weighted Blanket?
A weighted blanket is simply a heavy blanket (usually at least 15 lbs). It is useful for treating insomnia and a host of symptoms related to anxiety, ADHD, and other conditions. Cooling blankets combine things like certain fabrics and moisture-wicking technology to help those who sleep hot stay cool at night.
Therefore when combining these components, you get the features and benefits of a weighted blanket to help you get deeper sleep without overheating you from the heaviness.
Starting at least 15 lbs, we presented as wide a selection as possible. Start at 10% of your bodyweight.
Common weighted blanket fillers are either plastic micro-beads or the more sustainable choice of glass beads. We stuck to those two in our ranking.
Cotton and bamboo are both known for their comfort and breathability. However, microfiber (plastic) has come a long way.
Though weighted blankets aren’t cheap, good deals are out there. Make sure not to sacrifice quality for a better sale, or you won’t end up using your weighted blanket at all.
For this guide on cooling weighted blankets, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 30 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about fifty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each blanket. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 6 cooling weighted blankets on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.