The ketogenic diet (low-carb and high-fat) has been proven by over 20 studies to help you lose weight and improve your overall health. Including one of the best keto shakes will not only meet the health requirements of a keto diet, but fill drinkers with an abundance of healthy nutrients. You simply can’t beat it!
After carefully analyzing the best protein shakes for a keto diet, Keto Science has been crowned the winner. It’s affordable, loaded with excellent nutrients, and contains a prime macronutrient ratio. But if that doesn’t do it for you, we’ve curated ten fantastic options to help you meet your health goals. Let’s get started.
Our Top Picks: Best Keto Shakes
In a hurry? Check out our top picks:
- Best Overall: Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake. If you’re seeking an effective, healthy, and tasty keto shake, look no further than this delightful blend from Keto Science.
- Best Runner-Up: Ketologie. With zero net carbs and loads of healthy fats and proteins, Ketologie is right behind Keto Science for best keto shake.
- Best Budget: Sunwarrior Protein Classic. On a tight budget? You’ll definitely want to give the Sunwarrior Protein Classic blend a shot.
- Best Pre-Made: Zone Perfect Keto Shake. If you’re a busy-bee with no time to blend your own shakes, the Zone Perfect Keto Shake is affordable and bursting with macros.
- Best in Bulk: Left Coast Performance Keto Shake. Sold in giant 2-pound tubs, the Left Coast Performance Shake is great for folks looking to buy in bulk.
- Best Supplement: Vaxxen Labs Keto Powder Blend. Select your keto diet goals and follow the Vaxxen Labs nutrition plans for effortless all-around health and wellness.
- Best Vegan: Amazing Grass Protein Superfood. Eating keto while vegan needn’t be difficult or bland thanks to the Amazing Grass Protein Superfood Keto Shake.
- Best Flavors: KetoLogic Keto BHB Go. Bursting with nutrients , the KetoLogic Keto BGB Go Shake comes in a variety of delightful flavors like Salted Caramel and Strawberry.
- Best High-Calorie: Ample K Meal Replacement Drink. For those with big appetites, the Ample K Meal Replacement Shake has you covered with 50 grams of healthy fat per serving.
- Best High-Fat: Giant Sports International Keto Cheesecake Shake Mix. If you’re seeking a high-fat keto shake, this option from Giant Sports International takes the (cheese)cake.
1. Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake
The best keto shake overall
Brand: Keto Science / Calories: 224 / Fat: 18 grams / Protein: 10 grams / Carbs: 3 net grams / Price: 💰💰
By using ingredients proven to increase energy levels, burn fat, and improve cognitive functioning, Keto Science has crafted a keto meal replacement shake to meet multiple health goals at once.
Keto Science Shakes come in two flavors: chocolate cream and vanilla cream. Both are designed to increase metabolism, induce ketosis, and fill you up with vitamins and minerals. Each shake offers 8 grams of protein, 20 grams of healthy fats, and few net carbs per serving, making it comparable with most other shakes on this list when it comes to macronutrients. One of the main reasons Keto Science’s keto shakes made this list is because they boast the same macro-split as other shakes, but at a lower cost. Each tub is priced at around $30.
- Very affordable
- Only 224 calories per serving
- Proven to boost energy levels
- Unpleasant aftertaste
- Doesn’t stave off hunger as long as other shakes
2. Ketologie Shakes
The best keto meal replacement shake runner-up
Brand: Ketologie / Calories: 220 / Fat: 17 grams / Protein: 11 grams / Carbs: 0 net grams / Price: 💰💰💰
Lauded as one of the best keto shakes for weight loss, Ketologie lands in the number two spot on our list.
Ketologie boasts an incredible number of flavors, including chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter chocolate, salted caramel, and banana creme. They even offer to-go packets for those with busy lifestyles. Pretty sweet.
Ketologie Shakes contain coconut oil, collagen peptides, and organic natural sweeteners. There are 15 grams of protein and 25 grams of fat per serving, so you can rest assured that your nutritional needs are being met.
- Creamy texture
- Delicious, sweet taste
- Very easy to blend in drinks
- Expensive at over $50 per tub
- Some claim the sweet factor is a bit too much
3. Sunwarrior Protein Classic
The best keto shake on a budget
Brand: Sunwarrior / Calories: 100 / Fat: 1.5 grams / Protein: 17 grams / Carbs: 4 grams / Price: 💰💰
For those with sensitivities to particular flavors, textures, or ingredients, the Sunwarrior Protein Classic Keto Protein Shake might be the best option for you. The company offers standard flavors of chocolate and vanilla that are easy on your digestive tract, hypoallergenic, and alkaline-forming.
Sunwarrior’s meal replacement shakes utilize brown rice protein, and are free from soy, dairy, corn, and gluten — all with only 4 grams of carbs per serving. It’s an excellent choice for a keto meal replacement shake. Most drinkers recommend mixing it with milk or fruit for a flavorful drinking experience.
- More affordable option
- Lots of delicious protein
- Incredibly easy to mix into shakes
- Gritty texture
- Contains gums and artificial sweeteners
4. Zone Perfect Keto Shake
The best pre-made keto shake
Brand: Zone Perfect / Calories: 200 / Fat: 17 grams / Protein: 10 grams / Carbs: 2 grams / Price: 💰💰
Zone Perfect makes their shakes and powders with 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. This combination of macros helps propel the body into ketosis. The shake supports 17 grams of fat, 10 grams of protein, and 3 grams of carbs with around 200 calories per serving, placing it about on par with other brands on this list. The shakes are sold as pre-packaged 4-packs and come in three unique flavors: pineapple coconut, white chocolate coconut, and butter coffee. The butter coffee-flavored shake contains about 50 mg of caffeine, which is the same as about half a cup of coffee.
- Very affordable
- No gluten or added sugars
- Extremely convenient and portable solution
- Must shake well or MCTs clump together
- Some reports of upset tummies after drinking
5. Left Coast Performance Keto Shake
The best keto powder in bulk
Brand: Left Coast Performance / Calories: 250 / Fat: 20 grams / Protein: 14 grams / Carbs: 1 net gram / Price: 💰💰💰
20 grams of fat, 14 grams of protein, and one net carb make the Left Coast Performance Keto Shake one of the best macronutrient combinations on this list.
The company only offers two flavors: chocolate and cheesecake. But, a large amount of healthy fats in this shake mix is bound to help you sustain ketosis by keeping you fuller for longer. Not to mention, Left Coast’s blends offer drinkers a quench for their sweetness cravings. Drinkers have reported making the mix into hot chocolate, coffee, tea, and more. Don’t be afraid to get creative with this one.
- Deliciously sweet taste
- Fantastic blend of macros
- 13 grams of collagen for overall health
- On the more expensive side
- Contains erythritol, which can be bad for digestion
6. Vaxxen Labs Keto Powder Blend
The best keto supplement shake
Brand: Vaxxen Labs / Calories: 150 / Fat: 10 grams / Protein: 15 grams / Carbs: 1 net gram / Price: 💰💰💰
What makes Vaxxen Labs stand out among most other keto meal replacement shakes is that it allows drinkers to select a shake recipe based on their health goals. Everything from losing weight to building lean muscle is goals addressed by Vaxxen.
Vaxxen also offers an on-the-go solution for those with busy lifestyles by selling individual packets along with their traditional meal replacement powder tubs. With only 1 gram of carbs, 10 grams of healthy fats, and 15 grams of protein, there is a perfect balance of macronutrients for the ketogenic diet. Vaxxen has consistently surprised its drinkers with its pleasant and sweet taste despite having only 2 grams of sugar.
Moreover, you’ve got an eclectic mix of flavors to choose from, including birthday cake, chocolate peanut butter, and strawberry cheesecake. But… you’ll be hard-pressed to find the more traditional chocolate and vanilla.
- Mixes great
- Very affordable
- Easy on those with sensitive digestions
- Limited flavors
- Bit of a chalky texture
7. Amazing Grass Protein Superfood
The best vegan keto shake
Brand: Amazing Grass / Calories: 190 / Fat: 7 grams / Protein: 20 grams / Carbs: 11 grams / Price: 💰💰💰
One scoop of this keto-friendly meal replacement powder has 20 grams of protein. If you’re looking for a meal replacement shake that’s loaded with fruits, vegetables, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, and calcium, Amazing Grass Protein Superfood might be your best bet.
Flavors come in chocolate, vanilla, chocolate peanut butter, original, peanut butter, and chocolate peppermint. While Amazing Grass is great for a keto diet and filled with excellent nutritional ingredients, it’s important to keep in mind that it does have a higher carbohydrate count per serving than most other powders on this list. That said, most of the carbs in this meal replacement shake are fiber, which is an ally for those on a keto diet.
- Great texture
- Most of the carbs come from fiber
- Mixed well with almond milk and water
- No probiotics or digestive enzymes
- Higher amount of carbs per serving
8. KetoLogic Keto BHB Go
The best keto shake flavors
Brand: KetoLogic / Calories: 250 / Fat: 19 grams / Protein: 10 grams / Carbs: 4 net grams / Price: 💰💰💰
KetoLogic has taken their keto meal replacement shake flavors to the next level. Their Patriot Pop flavor resembles the classic red, white, and blue popsicles. They also offer the regular chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla shake flavors. Along with being a manufacturer of keto-friendly shakes, KetoLogic is a supportive company for those on a keto diet with recipes, support, and countless other resources. Reviewers of the KetoLogic Shakes consistently rate their experiences as satisfactory. One person offered that they’d lost 10 pounds in just 30 days. This shake is an excellent choice if you’re hoping to shed pounds fast.
- Improves digestive health
- Contains fibersol, which combats hunger
- Loaded with calcium, potassium, and magnesium
- Little is known about the company
- Very expensive at roughly $60 per tub
9. Ample K Meal Replacement Drink
The best high-calorie keto shake
Brand: Ample / Calories: 600 / Fat: 50 grams / Protein: 19 grams / Carbs: 4 net grams / Price: 💰💰💰
The Ample K Keto Meal Replacement Shakes come in a recyclable bottle that’s partially filled with the powder. Drinkers fill the rest of the bottle with water, shake it up, and this keto-friendly meal replacement drink is ready to consume. The ease of use that Ample K offers is excellent enough. The largest downside of the product is the calorie count, coming in at a whopping 600 calories per bottle.
Compared to other brands, that’s a lot of calories for fewer nutrients. However, the drink does have 50 grams of fat, by far the highest number of any shake on this list, 19 grams of protein, and 9 grams of net carbs. This is an excellent split with a wealth of healthy fats that will flood your body upon drinking Ample K.
- Various tub sizes
- Lots of fat and protein per serving
- Contains loads of fiber and probiotics
- Very expensive
- High number of calories per serving
10. Giant Sports International Keto Cheesecake Shake Mix
The best keto shake for high-fat diets
Brand: Giant Sports International / Calories: 160 / Fat: 15 grams / Protein: 2 grams / Carbs: 4 grams / Price: 💰💰
For those of you who feel like you have an insatiable sweet tooth, Giant Sports International has created the Cheesecake Keto Meal Replacement Shake just for you. The keto diet doesn’t lend itself well to sweets, so this is a welcome relief.
One serving of this powder contains 15 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of protein at around 160 calories. Compared to other shakes on this list, this blend falls just short of a prime macronutrient split for a ketogenic diet. However, this shake mix is an excellent option for those struggling with the lack of sugar allowed in a keto diet. The amount of liquid added to the mix determines the level of sweetness. It’s a keto-friendly and straightforward way to satisfy those fierce cravings.
- Easy to blend
- Relatively inexpensive
- Versatile formula is excellent to drink or cook
- Not an ideal combination of macros
- Contains artificial sweeteners and gums
What to Look for in Keto Meal Replacement Shakes
Now, armed with your list of the best meal replacement shakes for a keto diet, let’s look at how these shakes meet a keto dieter’s needs and what to look for in a keto-friendly replacement shake.
Those on a keto diet cut their carbohydrate intake and replaced it with healthy fats, thus forcing the body into a metabolic state called ketosis. In ketosis, the body becomes more efficient at burning calories, aiding in weight loss.
When selecting the best keto meal replacement shake for you, there are two crucial factors to consider. First, you should know your price range. How much are you comfortable spending per product? Weighing out the price of each product with the nutrients it offers is a vital analysis prior to purchase.
Second, look closely at the macronutrient split. An excellent keto meal replacement shake will be high in fat with the number of grams of protein per serving not far behind. Ideally, there are less than 5 grams of carbs per serving.
For this guide on keto shakes, our team spent 4 hours researching the most popular blends from over 20 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about a hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each shake. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 10 keto shakes on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.