Tired of huffing fumes every time you mow the lawn? Switch to one of the best corded electric lawn mowers to save gas and money.
Our pick for the best corded electric mower is the Greenworks 25022. Keep reading to find out everything we liked about the Greenworks 25022, as well as our top seven picks for the best corded electric lawn mowers, including our choice for best corded electric mower on a budget, among many other categories.
Let’s get started because that grass isn’t going to mow itself.
Our Top Picks: Best Electric Corded Lawn Mowers
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our pick for best corded electric mower stacked against the competition.
- Best Overall: Greenworks 25022. What earned the Greenworks 20522 top honors is the mower’s smaller dimensions and four-year warranty.
- Best Green Pick: Earthwise 50514. Our green pick goes to the Earthwise 50514. Earthwise is the “clean air choice,” with a large, 19-inch cutting width, and 6-position single-point cutting height adjustment.
- Best Lightweight RYOBI RYAC160. For the best corded electric push lawn mower is the RYOBI RYAC160 owing to the 16” cutting deck as well as the portable and lightweight design.
- Best Warranty: Kobalt KM 211-06. What earned the Kobalt KM 211-06 best warranty in our ranking is the field leading 5-year limited tool warranty..
- Best Customer Support Sun Joe MJ403E. The Sun Joe MJ403E comes protected by the Sun Joe Customer Promise, earning the MJ403E best customer support in our ranking..
- Best Budget: American Lawn Mower Company 50514. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 is competitively priced, helping earn its spot as the best budget mower in our ranking..
- Best Ergonomic: BLACK+DECKER MM2000. What earned the MM2000 our pick for the best ergonomic corded electric mower is the convenient carrying handle.
1. Greenworks 25022
The best electric lawn mower overall
Brand: Greenworks / Cutting Deck: 20″ / Height Adjustments: 7 / Features: Side discharge, rear bag, and mulching / Price: 💰💰💰💰
The best rated corded electric lawn mower in our ranking is the Greenworks 25022. The 25022 comes highly rated by leading online retailers like Amazon, as well as lawn care-industry product review websites like Best of Machinery, among many others.
We picked this as the best choice for small to mid-sized lawns because of the 12-amp motor featuring push-button start and a manual drive system. The mower is also 3-in-1, with side discharge, rear bag, and mulching.
Something else notable about this mower is the foldable handle for compact storage and the adjustable cutting height, ranging from 1.5 inches to 3.75 inches — perfect for all grass types.
There’s also an Integrated cord lock, which helps prevent accidental cord disconnects. Above all, consumers say this mower is quiet and reliable, and the Greenworks 4-year Tool Warranty protects your purchase.
- High-powered 12-amp motor
- The 7 height adjustment positions
- 3-in-1 discharge /w side, rear, and mulching options
- Not suited for larger lawns
- Not the strongest motor available
2. Earthwise 50514
The best green electric lawn mower
Brand: Earthwise / Cutting Deck: 14″ / Height Adjustments: 6 / Features: Rear bag & mulching / Price: 💰💰💰
Shelf’s pick for best green lawn mower goes to the 50514 from the Earthwise brand, known as the “clean air choice.” This mower tops many lists of best corded electric lawn mowers and is highly-rated on the Home Depot Website.
This mower runs on a sturdy, 13 amp motor, powerful enough to handle all types of grass. There’s also a 19-inch cutting width and a 6-position, single-point cutting height adjustment system, ranging from 1 inch to 3 inches.
The mower also boasts:
- hard-top 13-gallon grass bag
- multiple handle heights for comfort and ease of use
- foldable handle
- and a collapsible grass catcher for convenient storage.
Buy the mower from Home Depot, and the product is eligible for Home Depot’s Electronic Recycling Program, contributing to this mower earning the honor of green pick in our rundown of the best corded electric lawn mowers.
- Powerful 13-amp motor
- 6 heights great for overgrown areas
- Eligible for Electronic Recycling Program
- No side discharge
- Smaller cutting deck
3. RYOBI RYAC160
The best lightweight electric lawn mower
Brand: RYOBI / Cutting Deck: 16″ / Height Adjustments: 1 / Features: Rear bag & mulching / Price: 💰💰💰
Winning the honor of best corded electric push lawn mower, the RYOBI RYAC160 weighs only 32 pounds, making it an excellent choice for anyone for whom ease of use is of particular concern. Also contributing to ease of use are the mowers collapsing handles for easy and convenient storage.
The motor is 13-amp, with both rear bag and mulching as well as a 16-inch cutting deck. However, there is just one cutting height ranging from 1 inch to 2.5 inches, meaning this mower is only really suitable for small lawns.
However, you can buy this mower with confidence since a 3-year manufacturer warranty covers it.
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Comes with convenient collapsing handles
- 16-inch cutting deck perfect mid-size option
- Only one height setting
- Starting requires a button and lever
4. Kobalt KM 211-06
The best warrantied electric lawn mower
Brand: Kobalt / Cutting Deck: 21″ / Height Adjustments: 7 / Features: Side discharge, rear bag, and mulching / Price: 💰💰💰💰
The distinction of the best warranty in our ranking among corded electric lawn mowers goes to the Kobalt KM 211-06, backed by a 5-year limited tool warranty.
Although this mower is very comparable to the 25022, the Kobalt KM 211-06 was kept from our top spot by Greenworks, earning better consumer ratings on average.
There’s a lot to like about this quality mower, however, including a 21-inch cutting deck, 3-in-1 functionality, 13-amp motor, and 7-position single-lever height adjustments, spanning 1.75 inches to 3.75 inches, just short of the BLACK+DECKER MM2000 but among the largest on the market nonetheless.
These features make the Kobalt KM 211-06 the right choice for anyone looking to balance the eco-friendly aspects of an electric mower and the needs of a larger than average lawn.
There’s also a foam padded handle to help ease wrist strain, earning this mower high-marks in the ease of use category.
- Generous 21″ cutting deck
- Boasts 7-positing height adjustments
- Large cutting height works great on larger lawns
- Overheating issues reported
- Consumers report breakdowns a year into ownership
5. Sun Joe MJ403E
The best electric lawn mower company
Brand: Sun Joe / Cutting Deck: 17″ / Height Adjustments: 7 / Features: Rear bag & mulching / Price: 💰💰💰
The next highly-rated corded electric mower in our ranking is the Sun Joe MJ403E, earning the distinction of best customer support based on excellent consumer reviews and the Sun Joe Customer Promise.
Something unique to this mower in our ranking is the convertible mowing and mulching function. Otherwise, the MJ403E is powered by a 13-amp motor, with a 17-inch wide cutting path, and 7-position height control.
There’s also a detachable grass collection bag for easy disposal. The mower is extremely lightweight, at just under 32 lbs, for easy maneuverability over small lawns.
- Works well on damp grass
- Lightweight and easy to setup
- Sun Joe Customer Promise w/ 2-year warranty
- No side discharge
- Engine durability issues reported
6. American Lawn Mower Company 50514
The best electric lawn mower on a budget
Brand: American Lawn Mower Company / Cutting Deck: 14″ / Height Adjustments: 5 / Features: Rear bag & mulching / Price: 💰💰
Up next is our choice for best budget corded electric lawn mower, the 50514 from the American Lawn Mower Company. In addition to being very reasonably priced, this mower has an 11-Amp motor and a Large 14” cutting width.
There’s also a 5-position easy-change cutting height adjustment, ranging from 1 inch to 2. 5 inches, as well as a 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching system.
A nice feature in the 50514 is the hard-top, 16-gallon grass bag complete with grass level indicator, making it easy and convenient to know when to empty the bag. An adjustable handle length gives added comfort and ease of use.
The mower comes backed with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Very reasonably priced
- Giant 16-gallon grass bag
- Handy grass level indicator
- Starting issues reported
- Goes out of stock quickly
7. BLACK+DECKER MM2000
The best ergonomic electric lawn mower
Brand: BLACK+DECKER / Cutting Deck: 20″ / Height Adjustments: 7 / Features: Side discharge, rear bag, and mulching / Price: 💰💰💰💰
On paper, the MM2000 from BLACK+DECKER compares favorably with the Greenworks 25022, but where Greenworks edged out BLACK+DECKER were higher consumer ratings in areas like ease of assembly.
What the MM2000 does have going for it though is a convenient carrying handle, earning the distinction of best ergonomic in our matchup of corded electric mowers. The mower also boasts EdgeMax deck design for fine, close up cutting of your lawn.
Otherwise, the mower runs on a 13-amp motor with a 20-inch wide cutting path. There’s also a 7-setting height adjustment for grass ranging from 1.5 inches to as tall as 4 inches. The mower comes with a 13-gallon nylon grass collection bag.
- Handy carrying handle
- Light, quiet, and exceptionally well designed
- Comes from a highly-rated, reputable appliance company
- Consumers report difficult turning
- The most expensive mower on our list
For this guide on electric lawn mowers, our team spent 3 hours researching the most popular models from over 25 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about a hundred twenty-five user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each mower. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 electric lawn mowers on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.