If you ask what the best oat milk brand is, you’ll be met with a variety of answers. With the rising popularity of oat milk and the countless brands offering seemingly similar products, it can be difficult to choose the right one for you. Whether you’re new to oat milk or an oat milk connoisseur looking to try something new, here is a list for you. We’ve read through countless oat milk reviews to determine the best oat milk brands for your consideration.
Our Top Picks
|Best Tasting Oat Milk Overall: Oatly Original Oat Milk|
Our pick for the overall best oat milk is from Oatly. It continues to impress drinkers with its creamy texture and rich flavor. It’s highly recommended by reviewers.
|Best Ingredients Oat Milk: Califia Original Oat Milk|
Califia is our runner-up for the best oat milk brand. It comes in a variety of flavors, so you’re sure to find one that best fits your taste buds.
|Best Price: Planet Oat Oat Milk|
You don’t have to spend big bucks to drink oat milk. Planet Oat offers an affordable and delicious non-dairy milk alternative.
|Best Chocolate Oat Milk: Chobani Chocolate Oat Milk|
Enjoy the flavor of chocolate milk without drinking animal products. This non-dairy chocolate milk from Chobani is our favorite chocolate oat milk.
|Best Oat Milk for Coffee: Elmhurst Barista Edition Oat Milk|
Most barista oat milks don’t froth as well as cow’s milk, but this one does. It’s our favorite splurge pick and the best oat milk for espresso drinks.
|Best Flavored Oat Milk: Mooala Organic Coconut Flavored Oat Milk|
Mooala’s oat milk has one of the creamiest textures you’ll ever try. In fact, it’s so delicious that most drinkers love drinking it straight.
|Best Oat Milk Coffee Creamer: Silk Oat Yeah Coffee Creamer|
Silk’s oat milk coffee creamer blends perfectly with your coffee and can be used in espresso drinks. According to reviewers, it also tastes delicious.
|Best Extra Creamy Oat Milk: Trader Joe’s Oat Milk|
Trader Joe’s is another very affordable and easily accessible option. It boasts the same great flavor as other non-dairy milk alternatives.
1. Oatly Original Oat Milk
The best oat milk overall
Brand: Oatly | GMO: No | Organic: Not All Ingredients | Sugar: None Added | Price: 💰💰💰
Oatly is one of the best known brands of oat milk out there. They work hard to make sure their drinkers get the nutrients they need from milk by fortifying their oat milk with calcium, fiber, and a variety of other vitamins and minerals. One of the best characteristics of Oatly is their dedication to keeping the manufacturing process and products as eco-friendly as possible. Use this oat milk just as you would use regular cow’s milk.
- Similar consistency to regular cow’s milk
- Perfect alternative for those with dairy milk sensitivities
- Doesn’t fall apart in coffee like almond or other oat milks
- Some reviewers had leaks in the container
- Relatively expensive compared to most other brands
2. Califia Original Oat Milk
The best ingredients oat milk
Brand: Califia | GMO: No | Organic: Not All Ingredients | Sugar: None Added | Price: 💰💰💰
Coming in second behind Oatly oat milk is the original oat milk from Califia. This oat milk is made from whole grain, gluten-free oats sourced in North America. It’s fortified with calcium, Omega-3s, and other essential vitamins and minerals. You can choose between a variety of flavors including sweetened, unsweetened, vanilla oat milk, and more. Califia does not use gums or other thickener in their products. They also have less sugar and carbs than competitors. Between this and the added nutrients, it’s one of the healthiest oat milks you can drink.
- Light texture that compliments most use cases
- Excellent flavor for smoothies, cereal, coffee, and more
- The flavor profile and texture is similar enough to cow milk that it’ll appeal to the everyday person more
- Not ideal for all kinds of tea
- Doesn’t blend well with coffee
3. Planet Oat Oat Milk
The best price oat milk
Brand: Planet Oat | GMO: No | Organic: Not All Ingredients | Sugar: Some Added | Price: 💰💰
Drinking tasty oat milk doesn’t have to hurt the wallet. Planet Oat’s oat milk is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin A while being slightly less expensive than most other oat milk brands. Planet Oat’s original oat milk is creamy, smooth, and just a little bit sweet. You can easily use it to replace cow’s milk in most situations. It’s also entirely free from preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors.
- No lingering aftertaste
- Only a mild taste of oats
- Taste isn’t overpowering when mixed into other drinks like nut milks are
- Contains 4g of added sugar
- Does not have a pleasant smell
4. Chobani Chocolate Oat Milk
The best chocolate oat milk
Brand: Chobani | GMO: No | Organic: Yes | Sugar: Some Added | Price: 💰💰💰
For those who love chocolate milk, there is a non-dairy alternative that is just as great-tasting as standard cow’s chocolate milk. Chobani oat milk is made with organic oats and without artificial flavors. This is our favorite chocolate oat milk because it’s fortified with the vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body while also offering a delicious sweet chocolate flavor. With no preservatives and no artificial flavors, Chobani is one of the best oat milk chocolate milks you could try.
- Maintains creamy, smooth texture of milk
- Delicious enough to wonder why it doesn’t come in 64 oz containers
- Cannot tell the difference between this chocolate oat milk and cow’s chocolate milk
- Does contain some added oils
- Thinner consistency than other plant-based milks
5. Elmhurst Barista Edition Oat Milk
The best splurge oat milk
Brand: Elmhurst | GMO: May Contain Some | Organic: Not All Ingredients | Sugar: Some Added | Price: 💰💰💰💰
The Elmhurst Barista Edition oat milk is one of the finest oat milks you could choose if you’re looking for a splurge. It’s made specifically for coffee, ensuring a perfect froth and texture when heated for a variety of coffee beverages. Elmhurst products contain no gums or added preservatives. Unlike other non-dairy milk alternatives, Elmhurst doesn’t separate when added to coffee straight. If you’re looking to splurge on your oat milk, check this one out.
- A daily use worthy milk alternative
- Doesn’t contain oils like other similar brands
- Froths up excellently, great for all kinds of espresso drinks
- Can be pricey depending on budget
- Thinner than other plant-based milk alternative creamers
6. Mooala Organic Coconut Flavored Oat Milk
The best flavored oat milk
Brand: Moola | GMO: No | Organic: Yes | Sugar: None Added | Price: 💰💰
Moola is considered one of the best oat milk brands when it comes to flavor. If you mostly drink your oat milk straight, here is a brand to consider. Because there is no added sugar, Moola’s oat milk is perfect for those sticking to Keto and Whole30 diets. It maintains a large amount of calcium and fiber, keeping your body healthy, strong, and free from dairy. Moola’s promise to its customers is to always remain organic and dairy-free. They manufacture oat milk that is smooth and creamy, offering an unbeatable flavor.
- Creamy, thick, and strong flavor
- No strange aftertaste that some non-dairy milks have
- Tastes like oatmeal cookies and is delicious in just about everything
- Doesn’t foam well if trying to froth
- Thinner texture than other leading oat milk brands
7. Silk Oat Yeah Coffee Creamer
The best oat milk coffee creamer
Brand: Silk | GMO: No | Organic: No | Sugar: None | Price: 💰💰💰
Not all oat milk coffee creamers are alike. Silk is one of the leading brands of non-dairy milk options, and the creamer lives up to the expectations. Silk offers creamer in a variety of flavors, but this oatmeal cookie creamer has gained positive review in particular. Reviewers rave about the creaminess and flavor of this coffee creamer. They say it’s true to the taste of an oatmeal cookie. This is also a good option for those seeking a tasty non-dairy creamer with a low caloric value. For coffee lovers everywhere, here is a creamer you definitely should try.
- Smooth, creamy texture
- Tastes and smells like an oatmeal cookie
- Perfectly balances not being too diluted or being too rich in flavor
- Might be too sweet for some drinkers
- Somewhat pricey for a non-dairy coffee creamer
8. Trader Joe’s Oat Milk
The best extra creamy oat milk
Brand: Trader Joe’s | GMO: May Contain Some | Organic: No | Sugar: No | Price: 💰
As one of the most affordable oat milks on this list, Trader Joe’s is generally a favorite among oat milk drinkers. You can buy Trader Joe’s oat milk in the refrigerator section or pantry section. Like most other branded non-dairy milk alternatives, you can easily compare this beverage by its smooth, creamy texture to most big-name oat milk brands. You can use it to replace milk in cereal, smoothies, and a variety of other dishes that you might regularly make. It’s a good one to try if you’re looking for an inexpensive and easily accessed oat milk option.
- Very affordable
- Sweeter taste than other oat milk brands
- Great for use in smoothies because of its creaminess
- Thinner texture than most other oat milk brands
- Unsweetened oat milk is not ideal to drink straight
For this guide on the best oat milks, our team spent 2.5 hours researching the most popular options from over 10 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about thirty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each oat milk. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 8 on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.