By using more sustainable production methods, organic bed sheets are one of the simplest ways to make your home eco friendly. Still, you might be wondering what are organic sheets? How can bed sheets be made organically? Organic cotton, bamboo, and other natural materials use less water and no harmful pesticides or chemicals, making them healthier choices for the planet. They are a safe choice for those with sensitive skin and great for kids to avoid exposing their developing bodies to toxins.
While organic bed sheets typically cost more than conventional bedsheets, they are stronger, allowing them to better resist daily wear and tear. Most reviewers of organic bed sheets consider their purchase well worth the investment. After considering price, thread count, durability, and countless purchaser reviews, Bampure’s organic bamboo bed sheets are our overall top pick. However, there is a perfect bed sheet set fit on this list for everyone. These are the best organic best sheets for your consideration.
Our Top Picks: Best Organic Sheets
Here’s a quick overview of our favorite organic sheets:
- Best Overall: Bampure 100% Organic Bamboo Sheets. Our overall best pick for the best organic sheet set is a bamboo-based set from Bampure that is perfect for those seeking a cozy and sustainable night’s sleep.
- Best Runner-Up: Coyuchi Organic Sateen Sheet Set. The runner up for the best organic sheet set has unique eco-friendly technology that helps prevent wrinkles while maintaining its durability and comfort.
- Best Budget: Threshold Organic Sheet Set. Threshold offers the best option for budget organic sheets that don’t sacrifice the quality of higher-end sheet sets on the market.
- Best Soft: SOL Organics Sheet Set. With one of the highest thread counts of all the organic sheets on the list, SOL Organics creates one of the softest and most comfortable sheet sets out there.
- Best Splurge: Sijo Premium Organic Sheets. Sourced in Normandy, France, these organic linen sheets are some of the best in the world for their quality and comfort. Rest assured, they’re worth the purchase.
- Best Flannel: Mellani 100% Organic Cotton Sheets. If cotton and linen aren’t of interest, try these flannel sheets. They’re heavier than most while remaining high-quality, making them our favorite organic flannel sheets.
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Bioweaves Certified Organic Sheets. Bioweaves takes the comfort of all skin types into consideration when designing their sheets. They’re our top choice for sensitive skin.
- Best Versatile: Le Naturel Organic Sheet Set. Le Naturel sheets maintain the high-quality feel and lifespan of pricier sheets for a lower price point. You can order them specifically to fit your unique needs.
- Best for Guests: Tissaj Organic Cotton Sheet Set. These sheets are ideal for a guest bedroom or futon that requires you to compactly store the sheets between uses. They’re cozy and fairly priced.
1. Bampure 100% Organic Bamboo Sheets
The best organic sheets overall
Brand: Bampure | Material: Bamboo | Feel: 400 Thread Count | Pieces: 4 | Certification: Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰💰💰
Breathable in summer and cozy in winter, make these organic bamboo sheets from Bampure unique. They are crafted from 100% chemical-free bamboo viscous, making them some of the highest quality and most comfortable bed sheets on the market. These sheets are wrinkle-free and durable with double stitching that helps ensure they will last a lifetime. Satin weaving helps create a soft-to-the-touch fabric that is gentle on all skin types. Keep in mind that using fabric softener when washing these sheets will decrease their overall lifespan, so avoid it if possible.
- Retain softness after several washes
- Excellent quality of sheets for the price
- Incredible comfortable and “super soft”
- Stain easily
- Some stretching occurs after frequent use
2. Coyuchi Organic Sateen Sheet Set
The best organic sheets runner-up
Brand: Coyuchi | Material: Cotton | Feel: 300 Thread Count | Pieces: 3 | Certification: GOTS | Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
Sateen is a fabric woven with a satin weave structure using spun yarns. This makes them safe for skin and healthier for the planet. Coyuchi offers a 100% organic cotton bed sheet set with unmatched softness and comfort. The company is climate pledge friendly, promising a commitment to sustainable manufacturing and product practices when creating their bedsheets. The sateen weave helps prevent wrinkles and helps ensure a long lifespan after years of wear and tear. Five colors and sheet sizes are available, so you can choose the ideal color and fit for your perfect night’s sleep.
- Luxurious feeling to sheets
- Sizes range from twin to king
- High-quality sheets that will last a long time
- Might feel scratchy to very sensitive skin
3. Threshold Organic Sheet Set
The best budget organic sheets
Brand: Threshold | Material: Cotton | Feel: 300 Thread Count | Pieces: 4 | Certification: Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰
Not all organic sheets fall within every purchaser’s price range. However, this doesn’t mean that you must sacrifice comfort and quality. These organic sheets from Threshold are our top pick for the best budget organic sheets. Reviewers love their density — not too heavy and not too light. Purchasers should note that because these sheets are organic, they are not treated with the same chemicals conventional sheets use to make them smell good. A sufficient wash should take care of the smell. Sturdy, soft, and breathable: these sheets are a consistent favorite.
- Patented Fit technology stays put
- Just as soft as high-end organic sheets
- Excellent quality sheets for an affordable price
- They wrinkle very easily
- Unpleasant smell when first opened
4. SOL Organics Sheet Set
The softest organic sheet set with sateen weave
Brand: SOL Organics | Material: Cotton | Feel: 600 Thread Count | Pieces: 4 | Certification: GOTS & Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰💰💰
With a thread count of 600, it’s hard to beat such a soft and cozy set of sheets. They will truly feel luxurious on your skin. There are also over ten color options, making SOL Organics sheet set one with the most colors on this list. The dense elastic trim on the fitted sheets helps ensure that it stays put through the night. They are breathable, durable, and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee from the company. The only downside, consistent with most organic sheets, is that they wrinkle easily.
- Fit oversized mattresses well
- Soft for a comfortable night’s sleep
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- On the slightly more expensive side
- Like most organic sheets, they wrinkle badly
5. Sijo Premium Organic Sheets
The best organic bed sheets splurge purchase
Brand: Sijo | Material: French Linen | Feel: 175 GSM | Pieces: 3 or 4 | Certification: Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
Suppose cotton and bamboo aren’t your style. In that case, there is still another material characterized by the same comfort, sustainability, and reliability: linen. These sheets come from Normandy, France, known for producing some of the world’s best linen. To help with their overall sustainability, the linen is collected in small batches then manufactured to create unbeatable organic linen sheets. Most linen sheets come in around $300 per set, but this set from Sijo lands at about half that. Along with quality, there are diverse and unique color options.
- Fair price for the quality
- Hold up well after several washes
- Airy and soft, making for a great night’s sleep
- Can unravel easily if not washed properly
- Well made, but might be too scratchy for some sleepers
6. Mellani 100% Organic Cotton Sheets
The best organic flannel sheets
Brand: Mellani | Material: Flannel | Feel: 180 GSM | Pieces: 4 | Certification: GOTS | Price: 💰💰
Flannel is known for being cozy and comfortable. Now, imagine that as the sheets on your bed. These sheets are ideal for someone wanting a heavier and thicker sheet set. They fall on the higher side of the GSM scale at 180, so you know you’re getting a soft sheet set. These sheets are double-brushed on both sides for a natural, velvety feeling that you won’t be able to resist falling asleep in. Unlike flannel sheets from other brands on the market, washing these sheets from Mellani will not result in pilling. These are long-lasting sheets that you’ll appreciate.
- Great quality for an affordable price
- Deep pockets to fit large mattresses
- Heavier than most cotton flannel sheets
- No fair trade certification
- May shrink slightly after first wash
7. Bioweaves Certified Organic Sheets
The best organic sheet set for sensitive skin
Brand: Bioweaves | Material: Cotton | Feel: 300 Thread Count | Pieces: 4 | Certification: GOTS | Price: 💰💰💰
Bioweaves focuses on sensitive skin when designing their sheet sets. They use fine yarn in a single-ply fabric that is outstandingly soft to the touch. This bedding is the ideal combination of durability and comfort that you should expect when choosing organic sheets. By choosing Bioweaves, you know that it’s chemical-free and non-toxic, safe for all skin types and comfort levels. It’s a good choice for those with specific allergies or young children with sensitive skin. Reviewers also love that these sheets are Fair Trade Certified.
- Wonderful sheets for the price
- Conform loosely to the body, silky, and smooth
- Become softer and smoother after a couple washes
- On the shorter side (not for thick mattresses)
- Retain unpleasant organic smell after washing
8. Le Naturel Organic Sheet Set
The best versatile organic sheets
Brand: Le Naturel | Material: Cotton | Feel: 300 Thread Count | Pieces: 3 or 4 | Certification: Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰💰💰
What sets this organic sheet set apart is the ability to choose one to four pieces of high-quality, sustainable sheets for your bed. Choose from four colors and over ten set options to ensure you are getting precisely what you need. The sateen weave of these sheets makes them lightweight yet durable. They will withstand years of wear and tear. Le Naturel is committed to providing excellent quality sheets at affordable prices, inviting everyone to choose a more sustainable option when selecting their sheets.
- Softer than expected
- More affordable option for organic sheets
- Fitted sheets are easy to put on the mattress and stay put
- Won’t last as long as pricier sheet sets
- Discoloration will occur if not washed properly
9. Tissaj Organic Cotton Sheet Set
The best organic sheets for guest bedrooms
Brand: Tissaj | Material: Cotton | Feel: 300 Thread Count | Pieces: 4 | Certification: GOTS & Oeko-Tex | Price: 💰💰💰
Constructed with extra-long cotton fiber, the coziness of these sheets are hard to beat. The extra-long fibers help prevent pilling, and a higher thread count makes for a smooth-to-the-touch experience. The set comes with one fitted sheet, one top sheet, one pillowcase, and a bag for easy storing. This setup makes it ideal for a guest bedroom that requires sheets to be compactly stored away between uses. As an extra step toward total sustainability, Tissaj wraps their sheets in entirely eco-friendly packaging. Reviewers love that these sheets are affordable and hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin types.
- Multiple eco-friendly certifications
- Fair price for the quality of the sheets
- Unpleasant smell removed after one wash
- Some shrinking after a few initial washes
- Slightly thinner than most other organic sheets on the market
Why Choose Organic Sheets?
Organic sheets are comfort, sustainability, longevity, and durability all rolled into one product. No matter your priority when it comes to your bedsheets, organic sheets have proven to be well worth the investment for most purchasers.
Conventional sheets are treated with dyes and chemicals that contain heavy metals and can be harmful to those with sensitive skin. Similarly, young children who are still developing their bodies might be more sensitive to these chemicals. Many organic bed sheet brands have developed sustainable methods of preventing wrinkles and maintaining sheet quality without using these chemicals and dyes. You’ll also find organic bedsheets to be more breathable than conventional sheets, making them comfortable and cozy all through the year.
Organic sheets are an investment that your bed and body will thank you for. Their high-quality fibers ensure a long lifespan, and their materials are unmatched in their softness. Organic sheets can be an excellent addition to your home.
For this guide on organic sheets, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 20 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred and seventy-five user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each set of sheets. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 9 organic sheets on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.