Sometimes your kitchen endeavors demand an extravagant stand mixer, but your budget just doesn’t agree. If this is the case, you don’t have to settle for less than high quality. Many of the best stand mixers under 100 dollars come equipped with all the same pieces as the more expensive models on the market. We’re looking at characteristics like speed, durability, size, and reliability when declaring the best affordable stand mixer.
Coming in first place as our overall top pick for the best cheap stand mixer is the Hamilton Beach Classic Stand Mixer. It comes in at under $50 for the entire unit, making it also one of the least expensive stand mixers on the list. However, keep reading for more of the finest stand mixers on the market to discover the perfect fit for your kitchen.
Our Top Picks: Best Affordable Stand Mixer
Here are our top choices in seven different categories:
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach Classic Stand Mixer. Our overall top pick for the best stand mixer is from Hamilton Beach. It’s truly the best stand mixer under 100 dollars and comes with all the features you need for successful mixing.
- Best Runner-Up: Sunbeam MixMaster Stand Mixer. Runner up for the best cheap stand mixer is an impressive device to add to your kitchen. It quickly works through even the most stubborn ingredients for a thorough mix.
- Best Aesthetic: Frigidaire Retro Stand Mixer. If you’re looking for a little style with your new stand mixer, consider Frigidaire’s Retro Stand Mixer. It’s the perfect combination of style and functionality.
- Best for Baking: Kuppet Stand Mixer. Bakers looking for their next stand mixer at an affordable price should check out this one from Kuppet. It’s features perfectly lend it to the needs of those regularly baking goodies.
- Best w/ Large Bowl: AmazonBasics Stand Mixer. If a stand mixer with a large bowl is what you’re seeking, AmazonBasics has a product worth your consideration. It features by far the most enormous bowl of the products listed here.
- Most Powerful: Aucma Stand Mixer. Aucma brings the most powerful stand mixer on the list with a product that has 660 watts of pure mixing power. No mixing goal stands a chance.
- Best for Beginners: Brentwood Stand Mixer. Beginners looking for a good and affordable stand mixer to start with should look no further. Brentwood’s stand mixer has intuitive functionality and reliable usage.
1. Hamilton Beach Classic Stand Mixer
The best affordable stand mixer overall
Brand: Hamilton Beach | Capacity: 4 Quarts | Speeds: 6 | Watts: 290 | Price: 💰💰
It’s hard to beat a price-to-quality match up like this. Hamilton Beach offers a product that contains the durability and reliability of a high-end stand mixer but at a fraction of the cost. The final price comes in at just over $40 for the entire unit. The bowl holds four quarts, making it small and compact, ideal for a smaller kitchen. The lightweight hand mixer easily detaches from the base, allowing you to bake, cook, and mix. A dial rests on the top of the device near the handhold for easy adjusting between speeds. The quickburst button is located directly below the dial. At the unit base is a lever that moves the bowl from side to side, mixing contents thoroughly.
- Simple, easy to operate
- Compact size allows for convenient storage
- Exceptionally affordable without sacrificing quality
- Beaters do not reach the entirety of the bowl
- Unable to use the dough hooks with the stand mixer
2. Sunbeam MixMaster Stand Mixer
The best affordable stand mixer runner-up
Brand: Sunbeam | Capacity: 4 Quarts | Speeds: 12 + Burst | Watts: 350 | Price: 💰💰💰
Mostly on par with the Hamilton Beach stand mixer, the MixMaster stand mixer from Sunbeam is another leading option to consider. Priced at around $60 per unit, the mixer functions at up to 12 speeds and has the same sized bowl like the one from Hamilton Beach.
Similar to our top pick, there is a lever at the bottom of the MixMaster to adjust the bowl. This lever helps ensure a complete mix of all the ingredients. To adjust the speed, turn the dial at the back of the mixer accordingly. Specialized burst-of-power technology keeps the mixer turning at consistently powerful speeds to make sure the contents are thoroughly combined. The unit comes with two sets of mix handles: a standard mixer and dough hooks. This mixer from Sunbeam will handily fulfill all your cooking and baking needs.
- Not too big, easy to store away
- Plenty of strength for a cheaper model
- Features a whopping 12 speeds and burst mode
- Somewhat difficult to clean
- Dough hooks don’t work as well as most users would like
3. Frigidaire Retro Stand Mixer
The most stylish affordable stand mixer
Brand: Frigidaire | Capacity: 4.75 Quarts | Speeds: 8 + Pulse | Watts: 300 | Price: 💰💰💰
If you’re looking for an affordable stand mixer with a little more character to it, check out this retro mixer from Frigidaire. It even comes with a splash lid to prevent contents from spilling out the top when the device is in use. To remove the bowl, simply tilt the head of the unit up, twist, and pull. The beaters on this stand mixer are wide and durable. These beaters reach all the way to the sides and along the bottom of the mixer.
What helps set this mixer apart is how quietly it operates. It’s significantly quieter than most other affordable stand mixers on the market, making it a good option if you want a mixer that makes less noise. Combining style with usability is what Frigidaire has done with their retro stand mixer. It’s a great option to consider.
- Very quiet when operating
- Classic retro aesthetic looks stylish on the countertop
- Pieces connect and disconnect with an easy push, pull, or twist
- Plastic base
- Takes longer to work through thicker dough
4. Kuppet Stand Mixer
The best affordable stand mixer for baking
Brand: Kuppet | Capacity: 4.75 Quarts | Speeds: 8 + Pulse | Watts: 380 | Price: 💰💰💰
Some of the best affordable stand mixers come with features that make them ideal for cooking and baking. This stand mixer from Kuppet offers all the features you need for the perfect stand mixer for baking. It comes with three beater attachments: dough hooks, wire whisk, and mixing beaters. The bowl and beaters each easily detach and are dishwasher safe. However, most reviewers recommend not putting the attachments in the dishwasher as the beaters may warp, and the bowl can rust in the corners.
This stand mixer is slightly different from most others on the market when it comes to the bowl functionality. It does not move within the unit’s main base. It’s a characteristic to consider when selecting your stand mixer.
- Comparable to big brand names
- Three powerful beater attachments ideal for baking
- Excellent cover to help keep the counter clean while in use
- Requires assistance if using thicker dough
- Struggles to mix well on the bottom sometimes
5. AmazonBasics Stand Mixer
The best large affordable stand mixer
Brand: AmazonBasics | Capacity: 4.75 Quarts | Speeds: 7 + Pulse | Watts: 350 | Price: 💰💰💰
For those planning on using large amounts of food in the stand mixer, AmazonBasics should be your first consideration. The size of the mixing bowl alone makes this stand mixer hard to beat. The entire unit itself is lightweight and compact, allowing it to be transported and stored easily. This stand mixer comes with three different attachments: a dough hook, whisk, and beater. It also comes with a splash guard that sits on the top of the bowl — an excellent mess preventer.
As a safety feature, the unit will automatically shut off after being in use for 15 minutes. The bowl’s base also has a secure suction cup to help keep it and its contents in place. This mixer from AmazonBasics is one of the more expensive ones on the list, coming in at just under $100, but it’s a good option for those needing a large bowl.
- Powerful motor for all mixing needs
- Nice deep bowl for mixing large quantities
- Comes with Amazon’s legendary customer service
- Arm doesn’t lift as high as reviewers would like
- Beaters need some assistance when working with bread dough
6. Aucma Stand Mixer
The most powerful affordable stand mixer
Brand: Aucma | Capacity: 6.5 Quarts | Speeds: 6 + Pulse | Watts: 660 | Price: 💰💰💰💰
When it comes to selecting a powerful stand mixer, look no further. Most stand mixers under $150 range from 350 to 450 watts, but this one from Aucma has a mighty 660 watts of power. You can trust that the beaters on this mixer will easily push through the contents to give you a thorough consistency each time.
The bowl itself has a wide-open top, allowing you easy access to the contents while the machine is in use. It also has handles on either side of the bowl for easy insertion and removal from the main unit. A little extra bonus that comes with this model is the range of color options available to you. Choose from red to royal blue — whichever shade best suits your kitchen style and personal tastes. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for those not wanting to spend over $150 on their new standing mixer.
- Easy to control when using the mixer
- Company offers excellent support for faulty parts
- Short and compact when not in use for easy storage
- Must hand wash parts to avoid rusting overtime
- Difficult to pick up with suction cups on the bottom of the unit
7. Brentwood Stand Mixer
The best affordable stand mixer for beginners
Brand: Brentwood | Capacity: 3 Quarts | Speeds: 5 | Watts: 250 | Price: 💰💰
If you’re new to using a stand mixer, choosing the best one for your requirements might be a daunting task. It can be challenging to know what to look for from a brand and product. Brentwood’s stand mixer is an excellent place to start for those new to stand mixers and on a budget. The unit is small and lightweight, taking up little space on your kitchen counter. It comes with one set of stainless steel beaters that power through the bowl’s contents in no time.
The operation of Brentwood’s mixer is intuitive. There is a simple slide operation on the side of the unit that allows you to easily control the beaters’ speed. The bowl locks securely in place and doesn’t spin, which could be ideal for those first getting comfortable with a stand mixer. The bowl and beaters are both dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning.
- Cute colors and easy functionality
- Strong motor gets through contents of bowl
- Intuitive operation makes it ideal for beginners and children
- Bowl is not sturdy, so users must be careful
- Can be challenging to remove beaters from main unit
What to Look for in the Best Cheap Stand Mixers
Stand mixers are excellent additions to the kitchens of those who regularly bake or cook recipes that require a lot of mixing. Save your hand and arm muscles the strain; work with a stand mixer instead. When selecting the best of the affordable stand mixers, keep these few characteristics in mind.
First and foremost, look at the price. Stand mixers can reach over $300, but each mixer on this list is at most half that price. You can easily find a quality stand mixer for much less than the cost of a high-end KitchenAid.
Next, consider the speed, size, and weight. Ideally, you have a stand mixer that offers a range of speeds, powers through the bowl’s ingredients, and stores nicely. Added benefits include a unit with multiple beater attachments and a splash lid to help prevent messes.
Consider also the durability of the unit. Does it stand up to constant hard use? Are the beaters and bowl dishwasher safe? These considerations go in line with thinking about how you plan to use the stand mixer. If you expect to use the device regularly, choosing one with high durability should be of the utmost importance.
Budget stand mixers are perfect for all kitchens. Keep these factors in mind when making your choice, and you’ll have the perfect new stand mixer in no time.
For this guide on affordable stand mixers, our team spent 6 hours researching the most popular options from over 15 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred and sixty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each mixer. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 affordable stand mixers on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.