Dips are a great exercise to strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, upper chest, and triceps, all at once. They’ll even strengthen your elbow joints. Start with your body weight, and over time, add a dip belt for an extra challenge.
Part of what makes dips so effective is that they’re a closed kinetic chain exercise, or CKC. This means opposing muscle groups are exercised simultaneously.
But best of all, with a little effort and the best dip bar — sometimes called a dipping bar, or dipping station — dips are easy to add to your home workout routine. Choose a portable option, and don’t miss a workout while you’re on the road.
Coming up next are our picks for the seven best dip station for your home gym.
Our Top Picks: Best Dip Bars
Ready to get started? Here’s a quick overview of the seven dip bars included in our article.
- Best Overall: RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Power Tower. With nine height options and four backrest adjustment levels, the RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Power Tower is our favorite dip station for home gyms.
- Best Budget: Amazon Basics Dip Fitness Bar. If a quality dip station at a great price is all you seek, our choice for the best dip station on a budget is the Amazon Basics Dip Fitness Bar.
- Best Portable: Body Power 2-in-1 Portable Parallel Bars. Don’t miss a workout when not at home with the Body Power 2-in-1 Portable Parallel Bars, our pick for best portable pull-up dip station.
- Best Pull-Up & Dip Station: KiNGKANG Workout Station. Love both pull-ups and dips? Why choose? You won’t have to with the KiNGKANG Workout Station.
- Best Wall-Mounted: Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station. With gym-like quality and easy at-home installation, the Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station earned best wall-mounted dip station in our ranking.
- Best Multi-Function: XL Parallette Bars. Don’t limit your workout to just dips. The XL Parallette Bars are the best multi-function dip station in our ranking.
- Best Durability: BalanceFrom Dip Stand. When you go, do you like to go hard? Our choice for best sturdy dip station is the BalanceFrom Dip Stand.
1. RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Power Tower
The best dip station overall
Manufacturer: RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE / Height Levels: 9 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 330 Pounds / Price: 💰💰💰💰
The first dip station in our ranking is the Power Tower Dip Station from RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE. A power tower helps you perform various exercises to build upper body and abdominal strength, with a backrest and forearm rest, and vertical handles at the end of each armrest.
In addition to this versatility, what we liked about the product for dips was the excellent weight capacity, with nine height adjustment levels — the most among all the bars in our ranking.
Those who’ve used the station call it sturdy and easy to assemble. Best of all, it fits nicely against walls and in corners. Some even use it in their office, saying it’s a great product for the price.
- Doesn’t wobble
- Frame heavy and resilient
- Easy to follow assembly instructions
- Backrest is too vertical
- Requires a lot of space
2. Amazon Basics Dip Fitness Bar
The best dip station on a budget
Manufacturer: Amazon Basics / Height Levels: 1 / Multi-Functionality: No / Weight Capacity: 660 Pounds / Price: 💰
Maybe the best thing about dips as an exercise is that they’re simple to perform and you don’t have to spend a bunch of money on special equipment to do them right. With this in mind, our choice for the best dip station on a budget is the Amazon Basics dip fitness bar.
What we liked about the product besides the great price point is the simple design, and that you can still do other kinds of exercises, like knee raises and back rows. For extra versatility, add push-up straps or rings (sold separately). The product is also incredibly sturdy and lightweight, with foam slip-free grips and foam floor pads.
Those who’ve used the bar call it a simple dip station at a reasonable price.
- Good width
- Nice padded handles
- Large weight capacity
- Too tall for some (not height adjustable)
- Bolt holes not well-aligned for assembly
3. Body Power 2-in-1 Portable Parallel Bars
The best portable dip station
Manufacturer: Body Power / Height Levels: 1 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 380 Pounds / Price: 💰
The next product in our ranking checks three boxes: it’s portable, simple to use, and versatile enough for both pull-ups and dips. This full calisthenics station can be used free-standing or slipped under a door for push-ups. It’s suitable for all kinds of spaces.
Fans of the PL2000 say it’s great for all sorts of bodyweight workouts, including dips. Others add it feels sturdy and durable, with minimalist design. In particular, we liked the integrated knurling grips, high max weight capacity, and affordable price. It’s also easy to store for those living in small spaces, with a heavy-duty steel base and even stress point distribution.
- Made from high-quality metal
- Works well with resistance bands and sandbags, among others
- Accommodates a wide variety of HIIT and core strengthening routines
- Slippery on wooden floors
- Make sure it’s balanced before putting weight on it
4. KiNGKANG Workout Station
The best pull-up dip station
Manufacturer: KiNGKANG / Height Levels: 6 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 330 Pounds / Price: 💰💰💰💰
For those seeking a pull and dip solution, the next product in our ranking is the KiNGKANG workout station. This workout station is multi-functional with horizontal and parallel bars, adjustable height, and reasonably high weight capacity.
There are also non-slip suction cups at the base for added stability. Also notable is the non-slip canvas surface, rather than the PU surfaces of other products.
Those who exercise with the KiNGKANG workout station call it easy to assemble and easy to move, with a very sturdy U-style base and lots of handles and bars. This design is perfect for accommodating different body sizes and other kinds of exercise. We especially like the ergonomic back cushion and elbow pads.
- Cushioned pull-up bar
- Assembly was a breeze
- Easily adjustable height
- Wobbles a bit with fast dips
- Arm pads a little flimsy (replaced by manufacturer)
5. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station
The best wall-mounted dip station
Manufacturer: Ultimate Body Press / Height Levels: 1 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Just because you live in a small space like an apartment or condo, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a great home gym. The first piece of equipment to pick up is the Ultimate Body Press wall-mount dip station.
Wall-mounted dip bars save floor space. This means they’re also great for offices. We especially liked this easy-to-assemble, wall-mount dip station for the gym-quality back, and armrests with padded foam grips.
Otherwise, the station handles up to 300 pounds It offers durable steel construction — meaning you can dip with confidence once you mount it to the studs in a wood frame wall. However, some who’ve used the product had good luck mounting it to a concrete wall.
But wherever it’s mounted, the station feels safe and secure — an overall great, space-saving dip bar solution.
- Very compact
- Great for dips but also knee and leg raises
- Worked well for weighted dips (45-pound plate)
- Handle tubing could be wider
- Grip handles cut into hands a bit
6. XL Parallette Bars
The best multi-funtional dip station
Manufacturer: XTEK Gym / Height Levels: 1 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds / Price: 💰💰
Like a lot of variety in your workout? Our pick for best dip station for multi-function parallette bars from XL. In addition to dips, these bars are suitable for push-ups, V-sits, and handstand push-ups, among other exercises.
We like the two-millimeter, thick gauge steel construction and non-slip, powder coating design. The bars are 19 inches tall and stand 14.5 inches off the ground. Those who exercise with the bars call them impressively simple; heavy-duty, nicely coated, with good grip and no rock, shake, or wobble.
- Strong and sturdy
- Good clearance for different kinds of exercises
- Easy to adjust angle for comfort and hand placement
- Base too large for some
- Holes in welding joints reported
7. BalanceFrom Dip Stand
The most durable dip bar
Manufacturer: BalanceFrom / Height Levels: 8 / Multi-Functionality: Yes / Weight Capacity: 500 Pounds / Price: 💰💰💰
If you’re big ‘n’ tall, or just go hard whenever you workout, topping the list for best sturdy dip stations is the multi-function dip stand from BalanceFrom. What caught our attention is the heavy-duty steel construction. This dip station has a 500-pound maximum weight capacity, non-slip foot pads, foam-padded grip handles, and adjustable height.
There are also numerous design improvements over previous models for added stability. Happy consumers comment that the stand is easy to assemble and that it’s a solid value for a home gym. We like that all BalanceFrom protects all products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a two-year warranty.
- Fit in small spaces
- Suitable for all heights
- Good for straight-legged dips
- Foam grips have chemical odor
- Too wide for some users, possible elbow strain
What to Look for in the Best Dip Bars
Let’s take a closer look at what we looked for in each drip bar in our ranking.
Since dips require your feet to be up off the floor, it’s extra important to find a dip bar that fits your height. Some dip bars have a set number of height adjustments, and some are fixed height. This is less of a concern with wall-mounted dip stations.
Weight capacity is also an important consideration when choosing a dip bar. Some products have a pretty high weight capacity (600 pounds was the max in our ranking), while most average around 300 pounds. Begin with your bodyweight, as well as the bodyweight of anyone else who might be using the bar.
You’re here for a dip bar, but many power towers and dip stations offer the versatility to do other kinds of exercises. We gave a little extra attention to multi-function dip stations, but we also included single-purpose options if that’s all you’re after. Keep in mind, just a few additional accessories like push-up straps or rings will add versatility to even the most basic dip bar.
Dip bars cost a little or a lot. We included a broad range of MSRP in our ranking, but don’t forget — you get what you pay for. A multipurpose power tower is going to cost you more than simple, wall-mounted dip bars. Still, the versatility can pay off over time.
Best Dip Bars & Proper Form
Understanding proper bar dip form will produce the best results from your new dip bar.
- First, grab the parallel bars.
- Jump up, straightening your arms with locked elbows
- Lower your body by bending your arms and leaning forward
- Make sure your shoulders break parallel with your elbows
- Lift your body back up until your elbow are locked
What’s important when doing dips is to avoid chest and shoulder pain. To do so, don’t roll your shoulders forward, and don’t shrug them at the top of the motion. It’s also essential to make sure your shoulders don’t go too far beyond parallel with your elbows.
For this guide on dip bars, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 50 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about two hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each bar. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 dip bars on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.