Whether you’re blending nut butter as an ingredient or making your own, it’s crucial to have a reliable food processor that can work through all kinds of nuts. Using a food processor that is strong enough to break up nuts while ensuring a desirable consistency in the final product is ideal. We’ve compiled this list of the best food processors for nuts to help you determine the best food processor for making and using nut butter.
After reviewing countless brands and products, the Cuisinart FP-8 Food Processor is our overall top pick for the best food processor for nuts. Its powerful blades easily slice through nuts to achieve your desired consistency. Its market price point is also something to marvel at. While Cuisinart is one of our favorites, each product here is impressive in its own right. Keep reading for a list of the best food processors for nut butter.
Our Top Picks: Best Food Processors for Nut Butter
In a hurry? Here are our favorite nut butter food processors at a glance:
- Best Overall: Cuisinart FP-8 Food Processor. The blades on this food processor are something to marvel at. They slice through nuts easily to make your cooking process smooth and easy.
- Best Runner-Up: Ninja BN601 Food Processor. Power and speed make Ninja’s food processor our runner-up. With little effort from you, it pulverizes nuts to the ideal consistency.
- Best Budget: Hamilton Beach 70730 Food Processor. Don’t mistake its budget-friendly price for weaker performance. Hamilton Beach designed a food processor that is reliable, intuitive, and affordable.
- Best Compact: Black + Decker FP1600B Food Processor. If you’re working in a small kitchen, a compact food processor that maintains its strength is imperative. Try this one from Black + Decker.
- Best Splurge: Breville BFP800XL Food Processor. To splurge on a food processor with all the bells and whistles is to choose Breville’s BFP800XL Food Processor for your nut butter blending needs.
- Best Blades: KitchenAid KFP0919BM Food Processor. Blade size and shape aid in determining the consistency of the final product. KitchenAid has a food processor that offers some variety in its blade size.
- Best Everyday: Shardor 2.1 Food Processor. Ideal for a small kitchen or individual servings makes this food processor excellent for daily use.
- Best Quiet: Braun FP3020 Food Processor. Stylish and efficient, Braun offers a food processor that functions well and looks great on the countertop.
- Best Portable: Cuisinart DLC-21 Food Processor. Suppose you’re moving your food processor or working in a compact space. In that case, this mini food processor will slice and blend to the desired final product.
1. Cuisinart FP-8 Food Processor
The best food processor for nut butter overall
Brand: Cuisinart | Watts: 350 | Capacity: 8 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰
Our overall top pick for the best food processor for nuts is from Cuisinart. This 8-cup processor comes with three easy controls: High, Low, and Pulse, giving you reliable control over how fast the food processor is blending. Reviewers love its usability and ease of cleaning. It’s intuitive to assemble and will quickly slice through nuts and nut butter. The biggest thing to note before purchasing this processor is that it needs to be held still while in use. It likes to move around the counter, but the easy fix is to keep a hand firmly on the top.
- Relatively quiet when in use
- Long shelf life of Cuisinart food processors
- Very affordable when compared to its strength
- Moves around on counter when in use
- If bowl is very full, it won’t blend properly
2. Ninja BN601 Food Processor
The best nut butter food processor runner-up
Brand: Ninja | Watts: 1000 | Capacity: 9 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰
This food processor from Ninja is our second top choice only because of the price. It’s easy assembly, powerful wattage, and simple cleaning make it one of the best food processors on the market. Refined stainless steel blades allow us to safely declare it one of the best food processors for making nut butter. Reviewers rave about the chopping blade’s power dramatically reducing the amount of time they are using the food processor. The container itself feels solid and will withstand the rapid movement of the blades for extended shelf life.
- Lid locks and unlocks easily
- Blades are easy to swap, but very sharp so handle with care
- Suction cups on bottom to prevent device movement while in use
- There are areas where food can easily get stuck
- Blades move so fast that the user has little control
3. Hamilton Beach 70730 Food Processor
The best budget food processor for nut butter
Brand: Hamilton Beach | Watts: 450 | Capacity: 10 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰
With two size options, this food processor from Hamilton Beach is going to be tough to beat for the best budget-friendly food processor for nut butter. A large feed chute allows you to easily add ingredients without having to open the lid. A special attachment to the blade scrapes the container’s side to help prevent contents from getting trapped against the walls. It comes with high and low speeds along with a pulse setting, providing maximum control when using the food processor.
- Suction cups on the base
- Slices through very dense ingredients
- Powerful food processor for the price point
- Overflows if filled too high
- Pulse, high, and low speeds are faster than some might like
4. Black + Decker FP1600B Food Processor
The best compact food processor for nut butter
Brand: Black + Decker | Watts: 450 | Capacity: 8 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰
Don’t let the compact size of this fool you into thinking it’s not powerful. Its 8-cup bowl provides you with ample room to grind and slice through even the toughest contents. It comes with safety features that only allow the blades to spin if the lid is securely locked in place. Two stainless steel blades sit at the bottom of the container, but they slice through contents with surprising ease and agility. Reviewers warn against filling the bowl too high. It runs the risk of clogging the lid and blades, making for a less effective blend.
- Very intuitive to use
- Ideal for small kitchens and homes
- Suction cups on bottom to keep in place
- Very loud
- Some contents might get trapped in the lid
5. Breville BFP800XL Food Processor
The best luxury food processor for nut butter
Brand: Breville | Watts: 1200 | Capacity: 16 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
Should budget be no concern, Breville offers one of the finest food processors on the market. It comes with five multifunctional discs and a 5.5-inch chute that allows easy access without opening the lid. What sets this food processor apart is the convenient LCD that shows the timer and will stop blending once the timer has counted down to zero. It comes with a storage case to hold all the accessories. Before purchasing, keep in mind that this food processor is much bigger than others on the market, but this also makes it ideal for large batches of nut butter.
- No-skid rubber feet
- Seal to prevent liquids from spilling out
- Very easy to remove contents from the bowl without blades spilling out
- Hefty equipment
- Mini bowl does not fit ideally with the blades
6. KitchenAid KFP0919BM Food Processor
The best cutting power
Brand: KitchenAid | Watts: 250 | Capacity: 9 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰💰💰
Chop, puree, knead, and slice; nuts stand no chance when you set out to make nut butter. You can adjust the speed for optimal blending to your desired nut butter consistency with three speed options. KitchenAid’s blender is convenient for storage purposes too. Everything fits nicely together in a single device, making it easy and compact to store in cupboards. Reviewers love the variety of blades offered. It provides plenty of options when blending through any substance.
- Very reliable food processor
- Easy to assemble various pieces
- Able to achieve a variety of blending textures
- Replacement parts not readily available
- Narrow chute to insert additional ingredients
7. Shardor 2.1 Food Processor
The best food processor for daily usage
Brand: Shardor | Watts: 350 | Capacity: 2 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰
Here’s another excellent option for a smaller sized kitchen. Shardor’s food processor comes with two different speeds plus a pulse setting. It has a wide chute, so you can move the contents around quickly without getting your hands near the blades. It’s ideal for nut butter in small portions because of its compact size. Keep in mind that when assembling the product, listen for the click. That will tell you that everything is aligned correctly, and you’re ready for blending. If you are seeking a food processor that is small but mighty, check out this one from Shardor.
- Easy and intuitive to assemble and use
- 400-day warranty from the manufacturer
- Suction cups to keep it firmly on the counter when in use
- Very loud motor
- Must register within 7 days of purchasing to get the extended warranty
8. Braun FP3020 Food Processor
The quietest food processor for nut butter
Brand: Braun | Watts: 600 | Capacity: 12 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: No | Price: 💰💰💰
With 11 different speed options, Braun’s food processor is a strong contender for making nut butter with ease and efficiency. It’s rated at 600 watts, but can reach up to 900 watts at peak power. To keep such power in check, the FP3020 comes with safety features, including a built-in lock that prevents the unit from starting before the lid securely snaps into the base. One of the best parts of this food processor is the low volume that it operates at. Reviewers rave about how quiet Braun’s food processor is. It’s ideal for a smaller home or apartment where loud noise is unwelcome.
- Blends and purees in less than a minute
- Unique blade mechanism that makes it easy to clean
- Blade can easily remove without leaking contents through the center hole
- Difficult to obtain replacement parts if something breaks
- Product listed as dishwasher safe, but many reviewers say it isn’t
9. Cuisinart DLC-21 Food Processor
The best portable food processor for nut butter
Brand: Cuisinart | Watts: 250 | Capacity: 3 Cups | Blades: Stainless Steel | Dishwasher Safe: Yes | Price: 💰💰💰
Small, portable, and stylish are three words that reviewers regularly use to describe Cuisinart’s mini food processor. It comes in silver, white, pink, red, and yellow, and two easy, functional buttons to grind or chop the contents of the bowl. The blades sit low in the container, helping to ensure the contents at the bottom are thoroughly blended. Reviewers comment on their surprise at the power of such a small food processor. Prospective buyers should keep in mind that this is a small device. It won’t be practical for large batches of food. However, it works great for small kitchens, individual nut butter quantities, and portability.
- Relatively affordable
- Easy to remove lid and blade for quick cleaning
- Good base weight to prevent sliding around on the countertop
- Size prevents blending in large batches
- Must hold the lid down because it doesn’t secure well
What to Look for in the Best Food Processors for Nut Butter
For blending or making nut butter, you’re going to want a food processor that is mighty. However, this might vary depending on if you’re interested in making or using crunchy or smooth nut butter. Keep in mind these features when selecting your food processor.
The wattage of a food processor directly corresponds with the power of the device. Ideally, an average-sized 9-cup food processor is 600 watts or above. However, for a smaller food processor, expect a slightly smaller wattage. A small device can be ideal, depending on your kitchen size and how you’re planning to use the food processor.
Size & Capacity
For single uses, a smaller food processor might be ideal. If you’re trying to make large batches of content, you’ll want a larger product. A 10-14 cup processor is the right size for larger portions.
Generally, food processors come with fewer buttons than the average blender. Most food processors come with a high or low-speed option, but many others will also include a pulse speed. Few offer more speeds than this. The power of each of these speeds varies based on the wattage of the device.
Now, armed with the information you need to choose the perfect food processor for nut butter, it’s time to get busy in the kitchen.
For this guide on food processors for nut butter, our team spent 6 hours researching the most popular options from over 20 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about two hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each processor. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 9 nut butter food processors on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.