Whether you’re crafting or repairing, super glue is a prime tool to keep around the house. It’s useful for all kinds of creative endeavors and can be a real lifesaver when the kids break that precious heirloom vase (again).
Depending on the type of item you’re gluing, there’s a specific formula that will work best. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best super glues for all kinds of materials and budgets. If you’re seeking a tube or two for your household, stick with us to scope out the options.
Our Top Picks: Best Super Glue
In a hurry? Here are our top picks:
- Best Overall: Gorilla Glue Micro Precision Super Glue. Our top pick is the precision super glue from Gorilla Glue. It’s one of the best adhesives for several kinds of material, and it dries in seconds.
- Best Runner-Up: Loctite Super Glue. The runner-up best super glue is designed with ease of use in mind. It’s great to use on both porous and nonporous surfaces.
- Best Budget: Elmer’s All Purpose Krazy Glue. Our budget pick is Krazy Glue from Elmer’s. It’s robust and reliable while maintaining a low price point.
- Best for Plastic: PASOFIX Super Glue. Looking for one of the best super glues for rubber and plastic? PASOFIX is durable and goes on smoothly, leaving you with no mess and a clean finish.
- Best Professional: Gravix Pro-Line Super Glue. If price isn’t a concern, this industrial-strength super glue from Gravix is one of the best. It’s strength and quick-drying capabilities make it hard to beat.
- Best Fast-Drying: Scotch Super Glue. Should a super glue that dries fast be your top priority, Scotch’s super glue could be your best choice. It’s affordable and dries quick.
- Best Original: Super Glue. Super Glue comes in a pack of 12 individual tubes. It’s perfect for those wanting to stock up on an excellent, all-purpose super glue.
- Best Precision: Starbond EM-02 Super Glue. Best for porous materials like wood and fabric, this super glue is great for home projects, crafts, and repairs.
1. Gorilla Glue Micro Precision Super Glue
The best super glue overall
Brand: Gorilla Glue / Type: Liquid / Amount: 5 Grams / Dry Time: 10-45 Seconds / Price: 💰💰
The Gorilla Glue line of products is well known. They’re tough, reliable, and help you get the job done. As our top pick for the best super glue, Gorilla Glue’s Micro Precision Super Glue is hard to beat. Its smooth application allows for precision and controlled use, making it one of the best super glues for glass. This glue will work well for multiple surfaces: metal, glass, plastic, and more. You’ll certainly get fair use out of this super glue, with your satisfaction practically guaranteed.
- Doesn’t overly expand when dry
- Cap makes for an easy application
- Lasts for years without drying up in the bottle
- Must use a needle to poke a hole in the top for a finer tip
- More expensive super glue compared to others of similar size
2. Loctite Super Glue
The best super glue runner-up
Brand: Loctite / Type: Gel / Amount: 4 Grams / Dry Time: 15-30 Seconds / Price: 💰
If you’ve ever encountered a super glue bottle that was hard to squeeze, you might be wary of choosing just any super glue brand. Our runner up for the best super glue is from Loctite. Its unique design allows for easy, controlled application. Its spout is regulated, so you’ll only be squeezing out the exact amount of super glue you need. Being ideal for vertical and porous surfaces make this super glue unique, and it dries clear and fast. If you’re looking for a super glue that is simple to use, check this one out.
- Doesn’t leak and sets nicely
- Works well for multiple materials
- Strong, reliable, and sturdy super glue
- QC issues with some dry units upon arrival
- Avoid contact with fingers because it’s difficult to remove
3. Elmer’s All Purpose Krazy Glue
The best budget super glue
Brand: Elmer’s / Type: Liquid / Amount: 4 Grams / Dry Time: 30 Seconds / Price: 💰
For those home projects or repairs that require a quick and cheap fix, this super glue from Elmer’s might be a good option. It’s an all-purpose glue that’s great for household repairs. It goes on easy with its flat and narrow tip. One-drop gluing ensures a no-mess application. Krazy Glue works well on multiple surfaces ranging from ceramic to leather. It’s an excellent option for those seeking a strong and reliable super glue while on a budget.
- Designed to avoid leaking
- Dries quickly and holds well
- Works great for quick household repairs
- Difficult to use more than once
- Must be careful not to squeeze more than one drop at a time
4. PASOFIX Super Glue
The best super glue for plastic repair
Brand: PASOFIX / Type: Liquid / Amount: 40 Grams / Dry Time: 5-10 Seconds / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Cited as one of the best super glues for plastic and rubber repair, PASOFIX is a fantastic option for securing a strong and reliable bond. Its industrial strength allows you to glue almost anything from repairs to crafts. Reviewers comment that one drop goes a long way for this super glue. Its tip ensures a smooth application that will make your final product look clean. Its finish is durable and hard, yet it maintains a natural look.
- Made with German engineering
- One of the most potent super glues out there
- Works on anything, but especially great for repairs
- Runny application if tip cut too wide
- Two-part process (optional) requires slightly more time to bond
5. Gravix Pro-Line Super Glue
The best professional super glue
Brand: Gravix / Type: Liquid / Amount: 454 Grams / Dry Time: 15 Seconds / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Depending on your budget and project, an ultra-powerful super glue might be what you’re in the market for. This industrial-strength super glue from Gravix comes in just under $50, but is well worth the cost. It’s 16 oz container is designed for easy application, and it comes with a long-lasting shelf life. It’s perfect for home repairs and crafts alike. Gravix Pro-Line is one of the best super glues for metal. Likewise, it’s one of the only super glues that also works well for fabric.
- Bottle opening does not clog
- Product does not dry out like other super glues
- Bottle remains clean and jam-free for extended periods
- Can come out watery
- Doesn’t always dry clear
6. Scotch Super Glue
The best fast-drying super glue
Brand: Scotch / Type: Gel / Amount: 4 Grams / Dry Time: 15-60 Seconds / Price: 💰
Scotch is another well-known brand when it comes to super glue for everyday use. This super glue from Scotch is fast-drying, and it comes with a pointed tip to ensure precise application. An added bonus is that it comes with two tubes. By only using one at a time, you can be assured that the other will stay good for a long time. Reviewers admire how it doesn’t clog the applicator when being used.
- Scotch & 3M brand
- Glues plastic and rubber well
- Great for household fixes and other general uses
- Glue must be applied minimally
- Shorter expiration date than most other super glues on the market
7. Super Glue
The best original super glue
Brand: Super Glue / Type: Liquid / Amount: 24 Grams / Dry Time: 10-30 Seconds / Price: 💰💰
Maybe one bottle of super glue isn’t enough. Maybe you’re looking to buy a pack of several glues for an affordable price? If this is your goal, Super Glue might be a good fit. It comes with 12 tubes of glue in a reusable storage container! These glues are excellent at bonding nonporous materials in less than a minute. You can also expect precise application that avoids dripping and clogging with the narrow tip.
- Terrific deal for 12 tubes of super glue
- Tubes themselves open and apply easily
- Works effectively on the materials it claims to work on
- Packaging is difficult to manage and open
- Not as strong as some more modern formulas
8. Starbond EM-02 Super Glue
The best super glue for precision work
Brand: Starbond / Type: Liquid / Amount: 57 Grams / Dry Time: 15-60 Seconds / Price: 💰💰💰
You won’t need to worry about breaking or losing supplies with this super glue from Starbond. It comes with additional caps and applicators to help avoid future clogs. This is one of the best super glues for wood. It has a thin consistency, allowing it to seep into porous materials for easy bonding. A long-lasting shelf life is one of the things reviewers most often comment on regarding this glue. If you’re hard at work on some at-home projects, Starbond’s super glue is an excellent option to explore.
- Perfect for wood projects
- Thin solution that’s ideal for small areas
- No need to squeeze, as glue slides out easily
- Can be challenging to work with
- Doesn’t adhere well to some plastics
What to Look for in the Best Super Glue
The best super glue for you depends on how you intend to use it. As such, there are a handful of things to keep in mind when making your selection.
On the outside, it appears that most super glues are the same. However, specific characteristics set them apart. The most common glue style is the ester type. These are the glues that work well on almost all surfaces. They are ideal for quick household repairs and great tools to have on hand.
Besides these, you’ll also find super glues designed for a particular material, viscosity, and porousness. If you have a specific project that you’re using the super glue for, it’s best to read up about what level of viscosity and porousness will work best for your use. For example, a super glue with low viscosity will work well for a porous material like wood or fabric.
No matter which type of super glue you choose, you’ll want one that bonds quickly and hard. You also want a controlled tip for accuracy when using the glue. Super glue firmly sticks to fingers, and you want to avoid contact with skin. Finally, it’s important to use a glue that has reviewers attesting to its long shelf life. If a glue dries up after one application, it’s of little use and economic value. Try keeping these features in mind when selecting your ideal super glue.
For this guide on the best super glues, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 15 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred and fifty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each glue. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 8 super glues on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.