With so much time at home these days and less access to our favorite nail salons, ladies are taking their nails into their own hands with DIY manicures with the best nail dip powders. Nail dip powder works similarly to traditional acrylic powder but does so without the use of nail monomer, brushes, or gloppy application. You simply paint a glue base on your nail and dip your finger in the product.
It offers the ease of regular nail polish with the long-lasting wear of a gel manicure all in the comfort of home.
These powders offer a complete at-home manicure solution without a huge cost investment or the need for a ton of pricy tools. With just the basics, you’re on your way to a fierce mani.
Our Top Picks: Best Nail Dip Powders
Here we go over our favorite nail dip powders available online, which is the best source we’ve found for both selection and price.
- Best Overall: Modelones 12 Color Dip Set. This set is basics with some flair and also comes with a brush and file. Neutral shades and accent glitters make this a great all-in-one set.
- Best Affordable: UR Sugar Fluorescent Nail Dip Powder Collection. This set offers the full rainbow in neon. It’s an excellent choice for costume or pride nails.
- Best Neutrals: Tuknon Dipping Powder Basic French Set. These offer the nude and white colors you need for a basic french manicure using dip powder.
- Best Quick-Dry: GH Dip 12 Count Glitter Colors. The GH formula is super fine and very full coverage. You can’t beat their dry time either.
- Best for Beginners: Aikker 12 Color Set. This one includes classic colors and some fun colors along with a file and brush, which is super convenient.
- Best Colors: Saviland Glow In The Dark Neon Dip Powder. There’s something phenomenal about all Saviland powders with their easy to work with texture. This set adds something new with the addition of glow in the dark to their super pigmented neons.
- Best Splurge: Kiara Sky London Collection. This is an incredible set of colors with phenomenal quality and is well worth the price.
1. Modelones 12 Color Dip Set
The best nail dip powder overall
Brand: Modelones | Colors: 12 | Accessories: File & Brush | Price: 💰💰💰
Modelones is a great all-around brand, and we think if you’re going to get one nail dip set that offers a ton of flexibility for everyday use, this is that set. Not only are you getting 12 colors for a great price, but the jars are quite large and will give you a lot of applications.
It offers a variety of neutrals with a number of coordinating accents, which gives you a ton of manicure options without being too loud.
- Easy for beginners
- Doesn’t damage nails
- Simple application and easy to work with
- Some have problems with smooth application
- Some customers reported missing product in their box
2. UR Sugar Fluorescent Nail Dip Powder Collection
The most affordable nail dip powder
Brand: Modelones | Colors: 10 | Accessories: N/A | Price: 💰
Ten fun colors in for one low price? You can’t beat the price for these quality fluorescent neon dip powders.
- Colors are super vibrant
- Minimal cleanup needed
- Good for small fingers or short nails
- Tiny jars
- Some users have issues with staining
3. Tuknon Dipping Powder Basic French Set
The best neutral nail dip powder
Brand: Tuknon | Colors: 4 | Accessories: N/A | Price: 💰💰
This set comes with a basic wine color, pink, nude, and white. You could easily do an American, French, or color set with these. Great set for beginners with the low price point and simple colors.
- Fast Drying
- Easy for beginners
- The color matches the pictures perfectly
- Only English instructions included
- Smaller jars of powder than some expected
4. GH Dip 12 Count Glitter Colors
The fastest-drying nail dip powder
Brand: GH Dip | Colors: 12 | Accessories: N/A | Price: 💰💰💰💰
This set dries fast. You can be done with a full manicure faster than any other system. From wet to completely dry in 30 seconds.
These powders are made with non-toxic, organic ingredients and are completely true to color. They guarantee a two-week last on their manicures.
- Super gentle on your nails
- Fast manicure in 30 minutes
- 12 different colors in bigger pots
- Doesn’t come with any accessories
5. Aikker 12 Color Set
The best nail dip powders for beginners
Brand: Aikker | Colors: 12 | Accessories: Brush, File, Tray | Price: 💰💰💰
This set comes with everything you need for a french manicure, daytime look, and something a bit more surprising. It also comes with a recycling dish, brush, and nail file/buffer. The dish allows you to pour the powder into it so you can successfully dip longer nails like stiletto nails or coffin shape nails.
- Easy application
- Great customer service
- Colors super pigmented
- Some have issues with lifting
- Some received jars that were already open
6. Saviland Glow In The Dark Neon Dip Powder
The most colorful nail dip powders
Brand: Saviland | Colors: 10 | Accessories: N/A | Price: 💰💰💰
Who doesn’t love neons and glow in the dark nails? These are super fun and offer a vast variety of colors for the price. They are also blacklight responsive and super full coverage, achieving the wanted color in sometimes only one coat.
Saviland is known for smooth application and surprising coverage even in their pastels and neon colors. They say the powders dry in 30 seconds and last two to three weeks if you follow the application instructions.
- Powder is silky smooth and easy to work with
- The glow is terrific and brighter than people expected
- Came nicely packaged with no spillage or product loss
- Small pots
- No accessories
7. Kiara Sky In The Nude Collection
The best nail dip powder splurge purchase
Brand: Kiara Sky | Colors: 9 | Accessories: N/A | Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
Kiara Sky is a very well known nail brand and only offers the best products and quality. This stunning nine color dip powder set is no exception.
This set is perfect for any time of the year, giving you perfectly flawless nails for any setting. Each powder is a whopping 15ML of the product. That’s huge and will give you tons of applications in the future. This set includes all the natural/nude colors you would ever need to achieve several unique looks.
These are also perfect bases for nail art and are compatible with UV/LED lights, so you can use them in combination with gel nail polish. Put your base of powder on and work your gel polish art magic on top and cure like normal.
- Color quality
- Made in the USA
- Ease of application
- High price
- Only nine colors
What to Look for in the Best Nail Dip Powders
Before you dive into doing your first manicure, you’ll want to read the instructions of the specific powders you’re using carefully.
If you’ve never done dip powder before, you’ll need to get a starter set that includes the liquid formulas to make the powder work.
For each manicure, you’ll start with prepping the nail and buffing away the shine. Then you’ll apply a dehydrator. Next, you’ll apply a base which is like nail glue. This is what allows the powder to adhere to your nail. You will continue to apply layers of the powder until you like the coverage and then add the sealant.
Once you’re dry, you can file and buff to shape and then add topcoat to complete the look.
With some simple glue on nail extensions, you can achieve a fresh from the salon look for a fraction of the price.
We made sure to do some deep digging before adding anything to this list. We made sure only to include those which received the highest reviews from verified purchasers.
I have also tested these powders and they work amazingly well even for a novice at-home manicurist with no professional tools.
We made sure to do some deep digging before adding anything to this list. We made sure only to include those which received the highest reviews from verified purchasers.I have also tested these powders and they work amazingly well even for a novice at-home manicurist with no professional tools.
Our team spent hours going over reviews and testing the products to make sure they were up to snuff for you, our readers. We then read over 100 user reviews (both positive and negative) across those products to discover what shoppers thought about each nail dip powder. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 nail dip powder sets on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.