Vegetables might not always be the tastiest in their raw form, but our bodies need them to remain healthy. Now, people are getting creative with how they’re consuming their veggies. Juicing has been on an upward trajectory in popularity in recent years. It’s easier than ever for you to make your own vegetable juice. All you need is a juicer, a blender or a food processor, and your vegetable of choice. You can even try combining vegetables for a delicious and nutritious juice.
There are a lot of vegetables out there for you to choose from. From leafy greens to root veggies, you have several options. We’ve compiled a list of the best vegetables to juice and ranked them based on their taste, ease of juicing, and nutritional value. Keep reading for the best vegetables for juicing.
Our Top Picks: Best Vegetables to Juice
Check out our favorite juicing vegetables:
- Best Overall: Kale. As our overall top pick for the best vegetable for juicing, kale is one of the most nutrient-dense and flexible leafy greens to juice.
- Best Runner-Up: Beets. Beetroot juice is one of the best vegetables for those looking to increase their stamina and several other incredible benefits.
- Best for Digestion: Celery. Low calorie and easy to mix with other ingredients are two characteristics that make celery juice one of the best vegetable juices for weight loss.
- Best w/ Amino Acids: Wheatgrass. Wheatgrass juice is a superfood vegetable juice loaded with vitamins and minerals that your body will thank you for drinking.
- Best Free-Radical Fighting: Cabbage. Cabbage might not stand out as an optimal vegetable to juice, but it’s surprisingly delicious and filled with nutrients.
- Best for Metabolism: Carrots. To improve your eye health, carrot juice might be the best option. It also comes with several other health benefits to explore.
- Best for Heart: Tomatoes. Tomato juice is one of the most popular vegetable juices and for good reasons. It’s tasty, great for your skin, and more.
- Best for Hydration: Cucumbers. For a very light and delicious juice, try cucumber juice. Its low caloric value makes it an excellent option for those trying to lose weight.
- Best for Blood Pressure: Spinach. Dark leafy greens are excellent for our health, and spinach juice provides a quick way for you to get all those nutrients.
The best vegetable for juicing overall
Family: Brassica oleracea / Origin: Mediterranean & Asia Minor / Supports: Skin, hair, and nail health / Price: 💰💰
Kale is our top vegetable you can juice. It’s full of vitamin A and two omega fatty acids, making it one of the best vegetables to juice for glowing skin. It also assists with the elasticity of your hair and nails. For these reasons, whether you’re eating or drinking it, kale appears to help slow the aging process. Juicing kale alone doesn’t always taste amazing. Some drinkers acquire the taste over time, but others do not. For those who dislike the taste of straight kale juice, try adding fruits or lemon juice to help decrease the bitterness.
- Can help improve sight
- Contains Vitamin K to help strengthen bones
- Delicious when paired with fruits or other healthy juices
- Tastes bitter if not mixed with other ingredients
- Can have a stringy texture if not blended completely
The best vegetable for juicing runner-up
Family: Beta vulgaris / Origin: Middle East / Supports: Stamina / Price: 💰💰💰
Also known as beetroot juice, beet juice has been around for many years. It should come as no surprise that it’s our runner up for the best vegetables for juicing. There are several health benefits to incorporating this purplish bulbous root into your diet. For one, it can help lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of cancer. If you exercise regularly, it can help increase your exercise stamina. Beet juice has few calories and even less fat, making it a nutritious boost of energy that will also help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Excellent source of potassium
- Contains zinc, iron, magnesium, and more
- Can support your liver for healthy function
- People usually either love or hate the taste of beets
- Few other ingredients can improve the overall taste of beet juice
The best vegetable juice to improve digestion
Family: Apium graveolens / Origin: Mediterranean / Supports: Healthy digestion / Price: 💰💰💰
If your digestion sometimes gives you trouble, celery juice might be the solution. Celery is a natural laxative, and it can help nerves that can be damaged by unhealthy food choices. Celery chock full of calcium, vitamin K, and silicon. All these minerals and vitamins help improve bone strength. Because celery is mostly composed of water, it’s filling and low in calories — making it one of the best green juices for weight loss.
- Can improve skin and hair health
- Can help curb appetite for longer periods of time
- Dense with micronutrients like riboflavin and calcium
- Important to use organic celery to avoid pesticides
- No studies done on long term impacts of celery juice
The best vegetable juice with essential amino acids
Family: Triticum aestivum / Origin: Persia & India / Supports: Nutritional balance / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Wheatgrass is a superfood because it contains a wealth of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A, C, and E are all present, as well as calcium and iron. Some studies suggest wheatgrass juice can help prevent heart disease and cancer. If you’re concerned about your cholesterol, wheatgrass might be a solution to consider. While more science is needed, so far, wheatgrass has been proven to decrease cholesterol levels.
- Can be grown and prepared at home
- Can be mixed with teas and other drinks
- Very filling so can help promote weight loss
- Many health benefits have not been thoroughly studied
- Consult a doctor before use if you have a sensitivity to gluten
The best vegetable juice to fight free radicals
Family: Brassica oleracea / Origin: Mediterranean & Europe / Supports: Immunity / Price: 💰💰
We’ve named cabbage the best vegetable juice to fight free radicals. Cabbage is dense with vitamins K and C, which help fight against free radicals that can cause cancer and heart issues. These same vitamins help your hair produce healthy oils, keeping your scalp and hair looking good. Cabbage juice is also one of the best vegetable juices to detoxify the skin. Purple and green cabbage both contain silicon and sulfur, which help flush out waste from your skin cells through osmosis.
- Mild flavor when juiced
- Another great option to aid in weight loss
- Delicious to drink with mint leaves, honey, or lemon
- Some nutrients might interact with medications
- Consuming high amounts of cabbage can negatively impact the thyroid
The best vegetable to juice for increased metabolism
Family: Daucus carota / Origin: Central Asia / Supports: Increased metabolism / Price: 💰💰
As kids, we heard that eating our carrots will improve our vision. As it turns out, this common refrain is not far from the truth regarding carrot juice. Carrot juice can help improve your overall vision, but it also carries plenty of other incredible health benefits. Carrot juice is one of the best vegetable juices to increase metabolism, assisting in weight loss. It can help boost your immune system and improve skin problems like rashes or psoriasis. It’s important to speak with your doctor before adding carrot juice to your diet because it can interact negatively with some medications.
- Carrot juice can lower your cholesterol
- Can also have a positive impact on mental health
- It can decrease your risk for certain types of cancer
- Contains little to no fiber
- Doesn’t feel particularly filling
The vegetable to juice for the heart
Family: Solanum lycopersicum / Origin: South America / Supports: Heart health / Price: 💰💰
Tomato juice is a relatively common product to find in grocery stores. However, you can also easily make tomato juice at home. From eye to gut health, tomato juice offers a wealth of health benefits. This red and tangy fruit juice is popular in Indian cuisine for its rich flavor and valuable antioxidants. Tomato juice helps your body defend itself from free radicals that can cause damage to your cells. It can help prevent blood clotting and improve overall heart health. A bonus that sets tomato juice apart from other juices is its ability to be a great workout recovery drink.
- Great for heart health
- Tastes delicious compared to some other vegetable juices
- Can help with skin clarity by clearing acne and shrinking pores
- Can lead to digestive issues and diarrhea
- If drank to excess, tomato juice can cause kidney issues
The best vegetable juice for hydration
Family: Cucumis sativus / Origin: India / Supports: Proper hydration / Price: 💰
You might be surprised to learn that when cucumbers are juiced, they become a delicious and nutritious beverage with unbeatable health benefits. Cucumbers themselves are alkalizing, hydrating, and contain vitamins A, C, and K, along with several more. It is also a wonderful addition to your diet to help combat neurological disorders like anxiety, depression, and chronic fatigue. It’s one of the few vegetable juices that offer these mental health benefits. It’s important to note that cucumber juice has the most significant impact when consumed alone.
- Help dissolve uric acid in kidney and bladder
- Can help reduce bloating and swelling in the body
- There are many nutrients in the peel as well as the interior of the cucumber
- Some don’t like the flavor
- Can lead to indigestion problems if consuming in excess
The best vegetable juice to reduce blood pressure
Family: Spinacia oleracea / Origin: Asia / Supports: Healthy blood pressure / Price: 💰💰💰
A reduction of blood pressure is not the only health benefit that comes from regularly drinking spinach juice. It is high in antioxidants that fight free radicals throughout the body and help you avoid chronic diseases. In particular, lutein, beta carotene, coumaric acid, and violaxanthin are present in spinach juice. Two of these antioxidants connect to improving overall eye health. Spinach is also high in vitamin A, which is also crucial for good eye health.
- Nutrient powerhouse
- Can also stimulate healthy hair and skin
- Dark leafy greens can reduce the risk of cancer
- Juicing removes most of the fiber from the spinach
- Spinach contains vitamin K that can interact negatively with blood-thinning medications
Best Vegetables to Juice: FAQ
Why Should You Juice Vegetables?
One of the biggest questions people have when starting to juice vegetables is how vegetable juice is different from eating vegetables raw. Some health experts believe that juicing helps break down the vegetables’ various components, making it easier for your body to digest and absorb all these nutrients. However, more research is required to back this claim.
Juicing is ideal for those who don’t enjoy eating vegetables raw. Juicing them and adding different ingredients to make them taste delicious is an optimal way to incorporate these vegetables into your diet. You can try blending the vegetables too. This strategy can help the vegetable retain more fiber, keeping you fuller for longer, and helping with weight loss.
Can Juicing Help With Weight Loss?
Because vegetables are generally loaded with fiber and contain few calories, they are a good strategy to achieve weight loss goals. The fiber in vegetables will help you stay full for longer, while still keeping your calorie count low. If you are drinking a lot of vegetable juice, make sure to monitor your calorie intake closely. Due to the nature of vegetables being low-calorie, drinking a lot of vegetable juice can sometimes lead to a calorie deficit. This is ideal for weight loss, but too much can be harmful to your overall health.
Can Juicing Improve Skin Quality?
Several vegetables are known for improving skin clarity. Carrot, beetroot, cucumber, and tomato juice are all excellent options. They contain antioxidants that help your body flush out unwanted toxins that can improve acne and signs of aging. Depending on your skin type, a particular vegetable might work better than another. It’s crucial to research the skin benefits of each vegetable before regularly introducing it to your diet.
Vegetable juice is a great way to consume a lot of nutrients at once. Vegetables are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins that offer an array of health benefits. You will undoubtedly find one that is the perfect fit for your lifestyle, tastes, and health goals.
For this guide on the best vegetables to juice, our team spent 4 hours researching the most popular veggies and their known health benefits. We then read about one hundred testimonials (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each option. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 9 vegetables to juice on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.