If you’re reading this, that means you get juicing. Whether you’re new to the idea of juicing, or an old pro, you might be looking to up your juice game with some green veggies that hide valuable nutrients in their seemingly dry leaves. For the next level of juicing, you need one of the best juicers for greens.
In your search, you’ve come to realize there are a lot, and I mean a lot of juicers on the market.
Never fear; we’ve rounded up the best juicers for leafy greens, starting with the Cuisineart CJA-1000. This baby offers five different masticating speeds, a built-in foam separator, and dishwasher-safe components for easy clean-up. We’ve also found the best juicers for categories like centrifugal vs. masticating, options for if you’re on a budget, and which juicer is most environmentally friendly.
So without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Our Top Picks: Best Juicers for Greens
Short on time? Check out the top picks for best juicers for greens:
- Best Overall: Cuisinart CJA-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor. From the king of kitchen gadgets comes the Cuisianart CJA-1000, a powerful appliance that effortlessly extracts juice from your favorite greens.
- Best Runner-Up: KOIOS Masticating Slow Juice Extractor. Runner-up for best greens juicer comes the KOIOS Extractor, a high-efficiency model that literally grinds the nutrients from your veggies.
- Best ‘Green’ Pick: Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite. The 800JEXL takes our eco-conscious award thanks to Breville’s dedication to social responsibility and quality craftsmanship.
- Best Budget: Hamilton Beach Pro Juicer Machine 67608A. If you’re looking for a greens juicer on a dime, the Hamilton Beach Pro blends a respectable 800-watt motor and an affordable price point.
- Best Masticating: Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor. This powerful cold press juicer will pummel your greens for a delicious and nutrient-packed cocktail every time around.
- Best Centrifugal: Mueller Austria Centrifugal Juicer Ultra. Using the power of centrifugal force, the Mueller Austria Juicer and its large feeding tube is always ready for juicing action.
- Best Luxury: Pure Hydraulic Two-Stage Cold-Press Stainless Steel Juicer. When money is no object, you won’t find a better, more powerful juicer than the Pure Hydraulic.
1. Cuisinart CJA-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
The best juicers for greens overall
Brand: Cuisineart / Watts: 1,000 / Feeding Tube: 3-inch / Receptacle: 1-quart juice & 2-liter pulp / Price: 💰💰
Of all the juicers we looked into, the Cuisinart CJA-1000 is the clear overall winner. It features a 1000-watt extractor, which is one of the more powerful options out there. Set this juicer to five different juicing speeds; the slower options are suitable for your softer fruits, while the fast options make short work of your harder veggies and leafy greens—even kale and wheatgrass! We have to give it a quick shoutout as the best juicer for kale- everyone’s favorite superfood.
The dial that switches between these five speeds features a blue LED ring light, making it easy to see which setting you’re on, and its quiet operation at every speed means you won’t disturb the rest of the house (or your eardrums) while you juice.
The large pulp and juice pitchers mean you can go through large batches of produce at a time without having to stop and clean out your juicer in the middle. As a unique feature, the juice pitcher has a built-in foam separator designed to reduce the foamy residue associated with cold-pressed juices. The anti-drip flow spout is safe to leave when you pull out the juice container and has an adjustable flow to suit your preference.
All the parts that need cleaning once you’re finished juicing come apart from the main unit. Clean up is simple as parts can be washed by hand or run through your dishwasher. It also comes with a custom cleaning brush explicitly designed for the shape of this machine to help with the annoying nooks and crannies.
- The wide feed chute can handle a whole apple, orange, or even pear, meaning less prep time for you!
- Both the juice and pulp receptacles are big enough to handle long juicing runs with lots of ingredients
- High-power extractor with multiple speed settings to thoroughly juice any produce you want, leaving bone-dry pulp and smooth, delicious juice
- The adjustable-flow spout can be tricky to figure out, but a breeze to use once you’ve got it
- Despite coming apart and including a custom cleaning brush, some reviewers found that getting the machine truly clean was a little difficult
2. KOIOS Masticating Slow Juice Extractor
The best juicers for greens runner-up
Brand: KOIOS / Wattage: 150 / Feeding Tube: 2-inch / Receptacle: 2-cup juice / Price: 💰💰
At first glance, the KOIOS Masticating Slow Juice Extractor doesn’t seem like it measures up to the other juicers on this list. But hear us out, because we were just as surprised as you are. This multi-application machine can juice everything from soft, juicy citruses to hard, unyielding greens like spinach, celery, and even wheatgrass. It has dual speed settings, the slowest of which is a mere 80 RPM, meaning it takes the slow-and-steady approach to juicing. The slower mastication gets the absolute most out of your produce. It leaves you with a smooth drink that’s completely fiber-free and lasts longer than other juices before separating—up to 72 hours, according to reviewers.
The KOIOS also boasts a self-proclaimed superiority when it comes to vitamin transfer from produce to juice, saving up to 90% of vital nutrients over the 50% to 70% of other machines. While we can’t substantiate these numbers, the reviewers certainly seem to agree!
When running, the juicer is extremely quiet, operating at just 60 decibels—about the same noise level as a calm conversation between two people sitting next to each other. Unfortunately, clean-up is a little more complicated than other machines, as the components are not dishwasher safe and have to be washed by hand. It does, however, come with a cleaning brush designed to make it easy to wash away food remnants from those pesky corners.
- Best juicer for spinach
- The slow RPM gets more juice out of your produce, saving money and reducing waste
- Produces extremely high-quality juice that’s entirely smooth, packed full of nutrients, and will last up to 72 hours in your fridge with minimal separation
- Since it runs at only 80 RPM, it takes a little longer than other juices to process your fruits and veggies—but well worth the wait!
- While reviewers noted that the machine disassembles easily enough and doesn’t take much to wash by hand, no parts are dishwasher safe, and some reviewers disliked the time it takes to hand-wash.
3. Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite
The best ‘green’ juicer for greens
Brand: Breville / Watts: 1,000 / Feeding Tube: 3-inch / Receptacle: 1-quart juice & 3-quart pulp / Price: 💰💰💰
Juicing at home is already a pretty green thing to do (pun fully intended); you avoid all those wasted plastic bottles from purchasing pre-made drinks, as well as the processing, transportation, and storage impact from those beverages. But if you’re looking for an extra-green option, the Breville 800JEXL is the machine for you.
Breville is a popular kitchen appliance brand with a Social Responsibility Mission Statement that outlines their dedication to ethical sourcing, sustainable production, waste and pollution reduction, and responsible employment.
The Breville 800JEXL itself is made entirely of stainless steel. We love the alternative to plastics, which leave a pretty hefty carbon footprint, take a long time to biodegrade (if they ever do), and don’t last nearly as long. With 1000 watts of power and two speed controls of 13,000 RPM and 6,500 RPM, this slow masticator will eke out every last drop of juice from anything you throw at it. The feed tube is 3 inches in diameter, giving plenty of space for most of your fruits and veggies, and the large juice and pulp receptacles ensure you won’t have to stop and clean out your machine in the middle of juicing. And bonus, the appliance comes apart into dishwasher-safe components that mean clean-up is as easy as pressing a button!
If you need any more convincing that this is the greenest route to go, Breville also offers biodegradable pulp bags that fit into the pulp container of your juicer and catch all the separated fiber and solids. The bags make clean-up a whole lot easier and provide a mess-free way to compost the remains.
- Sturdy stainless steel parts are built to last and look sleek on your countertop
- Large juice and pulp containers can handle large batches of fruits and veggies at one time
- High wattage and slow RPM mean more literal juice in your juice and practically no overlooked moisture in the pulp!
- Makes a fair amount of noise (think a little louder than your average blender)
- There isn’t a spout cover, which leads to wayward drips on the machine when you remove the juice carton
4. Hamilton Beach Pro Juicer Machine 67608A
The best juicer for greens on a budget
Brand: Hamilton Beach / Watts: 800 / Feeding Tube: 3-inch / Receptacle: 1-quart pulp / Price: 💰
The Hamilton Beach Pro Big Mouth Centrifugal Juicer is a quality juicer at a super price. The compact machine won’t take up tons of space on your counter, but don’t let its small size fool you; with 800 watts of power, this little machine packs a big punch. Using centrifugal force, the Pro Big Mouth separates the fiber from juice in seconds, meaning you don’t have to wait for your drink. This does mean it isn’t quite as efficient at juicing drier, leafier greens, but Hamilton Beach still claims the Pro Big Mouth can handle anything you put in it!
With its 3-inch feed tube, you can stuff whole fruits and veggies in there, minimizing prep time. This juicer pours directly into your cup instead of funneling juice into a receptacle, resulting in less for you to clean! The pulp receptacle is big enough for you to make yourself a drink or two, but can’t hold a ton. The Hamilton Beach Pro juicer is genuinely only for single servings.
Machine-washable, detachable components can run through your dishwasher for easy clean-up, and the included cleaning brush ensures no nook or cranny goes untouched.
- Despite its small size, it can handle all your fruits and veggies with ease
- Small countertop footprint makes it perfect for a smaller kitchen and single user
- The large feed tube makes it easy to toss in what you like without spending much time cutting produce into smaller pieces
- Many reviewers reported that the machine makes a lot of noise when running, one going so far as to claim the need for earplugs during use
- While there are dishwasher-safe components, reviewers warn to clean the machine immediately after use. The pulp left in the mesh screen and pulp receptacle will quickly harden and crust, making it difficult to remove.
5. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
The best masticating juicer for leafy greens
Brand: Aicok / Watts: 150 / Feeding Tube: 2-inch / Receptacle: 2-cup juice / Price: 💰💰
This slow masticating juicer uses a 7-section spiral to process your fruits and veggies at just 80 RPM, ensuring it ekes out every last drop of nutrient-rich juice. The slow mastication lowers the oxidation rate, meaning less unpleasant foam and more delicious drink. And don’t let the 150 watts of power fool you, because that slow grind makes up for the lower power output. Wait time is a little longer to get your juice, but it’s worth it, according to reviewers. Although it doesn’t quite have the power of other more expensive juicers, reviewers are confident that it can handle even the leafiest of greens, root vegetables, and soft, mushy vegetables.
The small juice receptacle features a convenient little spout to pour your drink into your favorite cup or travel mug and is completely clear so you can see exactly what’s coming out of your machine. And with just 60 dB of noise output, you can safely juice with your little ones sleeping in the other room without fear of waking them!
When it’s time to clean, the machine easily comes apart at the touch of a button, and the components can run through your dishwasher for hands-free cleaning. The included cleaning brush acts as a second line of defense against any stubborn residue.
- Significantly less expensive than other, high-end juicers without sacrificing effectiveness and juice quality
- Quiet operation means no annoying noises, and you can “hear yourself think,” as one reviewer describes it
- Easy assembly and disassembly with machine-washable components makes it easy to use, store, and clean
- The smaller receptacles mean you can’t juice quite as much produce at once, but it’s perfect for single or small family use
- For juicier produce like citrus, the pulp comes out more moist than other juicers and may need to be run through the machine again
6. Mueller Austria Centrifugal Juicer Ultra
The best centrifugal juicer for greens
Brand: Mueller Austria / Watts: 1,100 / Feeding Tube: 3-inch / Receptacle: 34-ounce juice | 68-ounce pulp / Price: 💰
The Mueller Austria Centrifugal Juicer Ultra is the bee’s knees when it comes to centrifugal juicers, and is super affordable to boot. Its 1100 watts bring all the power of a more industrial-sized juicer in the compact size of a countertop appliance. It runs around 18,000 RPM (there are two different speed settings for softer and harder produce) to fling juices away from their pulp and leave you with a smooth, delicious drink. For an added layer of safety, this smart juicer has a built-in thermal cut-off switch that will automatically turn the machine off if the motor becomes jammed or any part of the device overheats during the juicing process, allowing you to juice with peace of mind!
Despite all that power, it only puts out about 60 dB of noise so that it won’t overwhelm you or your family. The large feed tube can handle most whole fruits and vegetables, meaning you don’t have to waste time chopping up your produce before-hand. The included juice receptacle features a convenient spout for drink transfers, or you can have the machine pour directly into your favorite cup, minimizing dishes! The spout features an anti-drip design that prevents any wayward juice from getting on your counter or table to avoid any mess.
To top it off, it’s easy to put together and take apart, which means it’s also pretty easy to clean and store when not in use.
- Affordable price that still has enough power to get the job done
- Large feed tube can take a whole apple without jamming the machine
- Easy to take apart and clean with no annoying crannies for pulp or juice to hide
- The blade itself can be challenging to clean, but the included brush helps a lot
- Doesn’t get quite as much juice for your produce since it uses a centrifugal mechanism
7. Pure Hydraulic Two-Stage Cold-Press Stainless Steel Juicer
The best juicer for greens when money is no object
Brand: Pure Juicer / Watts: 1,100 / Feeding Tube: XL / Receptacle: 1-liter juice | 1-liter pulp / Price: 💰💰💰💰💰
The Pure Hydraulic Juicer is what’s known as a true cold-press juicer, which means it has a two-step process to juicing to give you the very best drink you could get from your produce. It first grinds up your fruits and veggies, seeds and skins and all, into a chunky, smoothie-like consistency. Then it uses thousands of pounds of pressure to slowly squeeze all the juice from that swill. The juice passes through a fine mesh screen to separate any impurities, and then it’s ready for drinking.
This method produces the highest-quality juice that is completely smooth, with no pulpy or fibrous bits lingering around. The process allows for little to no oxidation, meaning no gross foam layer on top of your drink. The resulting juice separates slowly so that it will keep longer than your average homemade juice.
The Pure Hydraulic Juicer itself is the cream of the crop when it comes to cold-press juicers. It’s entirely food-grade stainless-steel construction is built like a tank to handle anything and everything you can think to juice. In addition to making a nutrient-rich drink, thanks to the custom grids and grid trays, you can make things like:
- nut milk
- baby food
- frozen treats
- and even butter
All this versatility comes with Pure’s signature locking feed tube that’s large enough to handle whole fruits and veggies and locks closed for added safety during use. The angled spout prevents overflowing when dispensing juice, and the pulp receptacle design is easy to clean. Both the pulp receptacle and feed tube have plenty of room to juice quite literally up to 10 pounds of product at a time! There is also a range of customizations to choose from, like voltage and cutter style. Pure juicers come with 12-year warranties, proving their dedication to quality and customer service.
- Highly versatile and can be used for a plethora of recipes
- Stainless steel construction is built to last and easy to clean, making it a solid investment
- Produces smooth, fiber-less juice that doesn’t separate quickly and has little to no unpleasant foam on top
- While it isn’t hard to clean, it can take a bit, because, again, the machine is pretty big
- Because the machine is so big, it takes up a decent chunk of counter space, and some reviewers didn’t like how the stainless steel finish looked in their kitchens
How to Choose the Best Juicers for Greens
You’ve glanced over the highlights of these juicers — now what? How do you decide? While we can offer you the pros, cons, and friendly advice, at the end of the day, only you can determine what juicer will work best for you, your lifestyle, and your needs.
What to Look For
To help you on your journey to your ideal juicer, here are a few questions to keep in mind:
- How big is the juicer? Do you have space for it? How will it fit on your counter or in the cupboard?
- Does it have the capacity you need? Will you be juicing large batches at a time, or just single servings?
- Do you need the best juicer for fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens? Or just for greens?
- What will clean-up look like? Can you just run it through your dishwasher? Are there lots of little nooks and crannies that will be a pain to wash out?
- Will it make a lot of noise while juicing? Could that noise be an issue for you or your home?
- Is it within your price range?
You’ll also want to keep in mind whether you want a masticating or centrifugal juicer. Masticating is just a fancy word for crushing and grinding thoroughly. Centrifugal means the juicer chops up veggies and then spins them extremely fast to whip out all the liquid.
The centrifugal process is less expensive and takes less time than other methods, but it isn’t as effective at getting all the juice out of leafier greens and harder vegetables. Masticating juicers usually cost a bit more and can take longer to extract juice, but will be able to squeeze out every last drop of juice from your produce.
And now you’re armed with all the knowledge and advice we can give you. Keep these questions in mind and think about what kind of juicer will work best for you, and go forth to find your perfect juicer match with confidence!
For this guide on the best juicers for greens, our team spent 3 hours researching the most popular models from over 30 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about two hundred user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each juicer. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 7 juicers for greens on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.