Yoga blocks are one of the most popular and simplest props when practicing yoga. Expert and novice yogis alike use them to better align their hips, shoulders, and head to establish a perfect pose. They are especially helpful for beginning students to learn poses properly while preventing injury or muscle strain. It’s also vital that yogis understand how to use yoga blocks properly.
For those looking to incorporate a yoga block into their practice, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the best yoga blocks on the market. These blocks range in color, size, and material to give you a variety of options when choosing the block that will work best for your practice. After considering the price, stability, and popularity, our top choice is the Manduka Cork Yoga Block. Stay tuned for the best yoga blocks and how to use yoga blocks.
Our Top Picks: Best Yoga Blocks
In a hurry? Here are our top picks:
- Best Overall: Manduka Cork Yoga Block. The best yoga block overall is made from sustainable cork. It’s affordable when considering the quality of the block and one of the most reliable on the list.
- Runner-Up: REEHUT Yoga Blocks. Runner up to the best overall yoga block is this pair of foam blocks. They support complicated yoga postures with a soft but sturdy grip.
- Best Budget: Gaiam Tri-Colored Yoga Block in Teal. Gaiam creates our favorite budget yoga block. Soft and colorful, this yoga block comes in at under $10.
- Best Beginner: Timberbrother Yoga Blocks. For beginners seeking a set of two yoga blocks and a strap for an affordable price, check out this yoga block set from Timberbrother.
- Best Splurge: COENGWO Cork Yoga Block. If price isn’t a factor when choosing a yoga block, here is one to splurge on. Made from sustainable cork, this is one of the highest-quality blocks on the market.
- Best Set: Gaiam Yoga Block Set. This yoga block set from Gaiam comes with two blocks and a strap. It’s ideal for yogis of all levels looking to bend a little deeper.
- Best Travel: URBNFit Yoga Block. As our favorite yoga block for traveling, this sustainable cork yoga block from URBNFit is perfect for the studio and home.
- Best Style: MEISONG Yoga Block Set. Users love this yoga block set for its colorful appearance and reliable usage. If you’re seeking a block to match your mat, try this one.
1. Manduka Cork Yoga Block
The best yoga block overall
Brand: Manduka / Material: Cork / Weight: 2.5 lbs / Colors: 1 / Price: 💰💰💰
The price-to-quality ratio is one of our favorite features of these cork yoga blocks from Manduka. They are durable but fall on the heavier side. However, reviewers talked about using them as weights when not using them for balance in some poses. Sturdy cork blocks are also a solid choice for those with notorious wrist problems. Regular foam yoga blocks are usually too soft for wrists that flare up during yoga practice. A stable cork block can help solve this. Manduka produces one of the best cork yoga blocks.
- Good, solid weight
- Eco-friendly cork material
- Great to use under back or pressure of body weight
- Color rubs off
- Hard on hands
2. REEHUT Yoga Blocks
The best yoga block runner-up
Brand: Reehut / Material: EVA Foam / Weight: 11 oz / Colors: 5 / Price: 💰💰
REEHUT’s yoga blocks come as a set of two in a variety of colors. Unpleasant odors do not stick to these blocks, which reviewers consistently rave about. They are ideal for beginning yogis who need a prop to help with more challenging balancing poses. They don’t budge when placed on the floor and can be used to assist in inversions. Despite being made of soft foam, REEHUT’s yoga blocks are sturdy and easy to grip. Users can rest assured that these blocks will support their weight and postures.
- Silky, soft material
- Very resilient foam material
- Dense foam that doesn’t move while placed on the floor
- Slightly larger than the average yoga block
- Bend beneath body weight when placed under the sacrum
3. Gaiam Tri-Colored Yoga Block
The best cheap yoga block on a budget
Brand: Gaiam / Material: EVA Foam / Weight: 4.5 oz / Colors: 1 / Price: 💰
There is one word reviewers consistently use to describe these yoga blocks from Gaiam: fun. These blocks are soft and tri-colored, making them an excellent addition to your yoga practice. They are very durable while still providing a soft cushion for the hands. If price is a factor when selecting your yoga block, these tri-colored yoga blocks from Gaiam might be a good option. They come in at under $7 per block. Between the excellent quality of the blocks and their low price compared to others on the market, these blocks are hard to pass up.
- Soft and sturdy grip
- Fun and vibrant colors
- Great tool for beginners
- Very lightweight block
- Could be wobbly depending on pose and grip
4. Timberbrother Yoga Blocks
The best yoga blocks for beginners
Brand: Timberbrother / Material: EVA Foam / Weight: 2 lbs / Colors: 6 / Price: 💰💰💰
Coming equipped with two blocks and a strap, this yoga block from Timberbrother is an excellent choice for beginners. They are soft and lightweight, making them easy to move from place to place. The blocks come in either 3 or 4 inches in height. The price is also something to marvel at. For two blocks and a strap, the grand total comes in around $20. They have rounded corners that are soft to grip. Reviewers consistently remark about the variety of color options. Feel free to select a color that matches your mat or yoga attire.
- Reasonable price
- Soft and lightweight
- Variety of colors to choose from
- Make sure to order the correct size for your practice
- “Squishy” and don’t offer the best grip for some yogis
5. COENGWO Cork Yoga Block
The best yoga block splurge purchase
Brand: COENGWO / Material: Cork / Weight: 1.8 lbs / Colors: 1 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Coengwo makes one of the best cork yoga blocks on the market. It’s firm with curved edges for easy gripping. 100% of the block is made from high-density cork. It’s non-absorbent and odor-free, making it an excellent choice for at home or in-class yoga practice. The only complaint by reviewers is the price; however, reviewers say the block lives up to expectation. Please note that this cork yoga block is slightly smaller than most foam yoga blocks, but it still supports deep postures well.
- Looks and feels good
- Very sturdy with a good width
- Easy to clean, but remember to air dry
- Lesser known brand
- Expensive for one block
6. Gaiam Yoga Block Set
The best yoga block set
Brand: Gaiam / Material: Pressed Foam / Weight: 4.6 oz / Colors: 3 / Price: 💰💰
If you’re looking for more than just a block to enhance your yoga practice, try out this block set from Gaiam. You can choose between grey and purple for this combo set. It’s the perfect accessory if you’re looking to enhance your postures and reach deeper stretches with correct alignment. These are simple and sturdy products at a reasonable price. Keep in mind that this set comes with only one block. Reviewers highlight their durability – after months of consistent use, they still work very well.
- Nice 6-foot strap
- Long-lasting and reliable blocks
- Perfect for improving flexibility and range of motion
- Very cushy block
- Not too solid as blocks used in most yoga studios
7. URBNFit Yoga Block
The best yoga block for travel
Brand: URBNFit / Material: EVA Foam / Weight: 1.3 lbs / Colors: 3 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
From being moisture-resistant to easy to clean, these blocks are perfect for those who want to deepen their yoga postures without putting too much strain on their muscles. URBNFit’s set is one of the few foam blocks on the market made from sustainable material. The most significant thing to note about these blocks is the size – they are narrower than the average studio block. However, reviewers still report that these blocks are useful for helping perfect challenging yoga postures.
- Nice color options
- Excellent product for beginning yogis
- Sturdy and lightweight without being stiff and uncomfortable
- More narrow than the average block
- Good block for comfort, but not stability
8. MEISONG Yoga Block Set
The most colorful yoga block
Brand: MEISONG / Material: EVA Foam / Weight: 1.3 lbs / Colors: 4 / Price: 💰💰💰💰
Durable, dense, and clean are three words reviewers regularly use to describe these yoga blocks. They offer a top-notch product for the price, supplying you with two blocks and a strap in four lovely colors. The strap is 8 feet long with double D rings for looping. The durability of these blocks and the strap’s length make this an excellent option for all levels of yogis. This yoga block set is worth the addition to your yoga practice.
- Nice variety of colors
- Reasonable price for the quality of the product
- Comfortable material to support a yoga posture
- New to the market
- Somewhat pricier than similar sets on the market
How To Use a Yoga Block
After choosing the yoga block that works best for your practice and body type, it’s important to understand the proper ways to use a yoga block. They aren’t just for beginners — they can assist yogis of any level reach deeper asanas and become stronger. Yoga blocks support your range of motion by decreasing the distance between you and the floor. They help create proper alignment and bring awareness to particular muscles in certain poses.
Remember: when trying new poses with a block, do so within your body’s limits.
Feel free to try new poses that are supported by your block, but don’t strain your body. Try to practice with a teacher before trying specific complicated postures on your own. Yoga blocks are excellent tools to enhance your practice. By choosing the best yoga block for your body and practicing safely, you’ll soon be an expert yogi.
For this guide on yoga blocks, our team spent 5 hours researching the most popular options from over 20 brands and manufacturers big and small. We then read about one hundred and fifty user reviews (both positive and negative) to discover what shoppers thought about each block. After comparing this data, we narrowed our list down to the top 8 yoga blocks on the market. You can count on this research to guide you to a mindful purchasing decision.
If you enjoyed this read, sign up for our newsletter below and get special online shopping deals delivered straight to your inbox.